YouTube Videos Promotion Poll - Which Helps The Most?

Which platform do you find helps your channel/videos the most?

• Twitter

• Facebook

• Instagram

• Pinterest

• Reddit

• Other (please share them)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Holydoom96

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's my current position and it is getting harder to keep up when you can't make new followers. I gave up on Facebook for now and Reddit was problematic.

So far I'm with Twitter and Ig.
yeah i agree reddit can be a hassle and fb sometimes can't be much help, i think it's all about, knowing how to use each one the best, i'm still trying to figure it out myself and im at that point where i don't get subs myself, you could always try youtube, like find people in ur field, talk to them, collab and stuff like that, but i know ur struggle :)

Tisha

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Instagram, snapchat and Periscope helps me a lot! My main traffic comes from instagram. For some reason it's easier for me to gain followers then subs. So I started transferring all of my followers to you youtube page by posting pics ,a sneak peek vid of my projects and a direct link. My snapchat keeps all of my friends informed on what I'm currently doing or what I just now posted. Periscope is a new platform for me but it's great to bring in new auidence. You really don't have to hash tag anythibg. Just simple ask people to check out your channel and they'll do it! Lol

OburnE

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
On Reddit issue, I found a subreddit related to my channel. I got my views doubled up from ~500 views a day to ~1200 views for 3 days however the subscribers and revenue didn't increased accordingly, I gained 4 subs and the revenue dropped from $2 to $0.8 In a sense reddit is good to get some traffic to your channel but it is like balloon. If just the view counts make you happy then it works.

My channels grows when I optimize the videos and put them in the front page of the youtube search, since I'm not doing something unique to get attention. Rest of the social media is though and requires constant attention, since the time and the place of posting your videos are important. Try to use small teasers when you post on twitter it helps alot. I gained half of my subs from twitter.

Conncast

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I find it very hard to track what views I get but I think I get the most drop ins off of twitter, the most collaborators off of instagram and the most reliable subs off of facebook, but If anybody has any tips on how to more effectively use each one I think we are all ears

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
As of today, YTtalk has been the most effective platform for me. FOUR subscribers and my views doubled from 30 to 60! ...all from YTtalk... oh yeah, I'm breaking records!

In all seriousness, I just read all 23 pages of this thread and was able to pick up some information on looking for Facebook/Twitter groups, direct messaging, Crowdfire and youtube specific subreddits like, /r/youtubers and /r/newtubers.

So far my Twitter and Facebook pages are lonely places to be... no likes, no messages, no visitors. Just me and my postings. Like a box full of toys and no one to play with... intent on searching out groups and messaging people as waiting for other to message me has thus far been unproductive.

I'm on youtubersPLUS (a google+ community touted as the largest youtube group on the internet) but for five million members, the site feels dead. Very few new videos posted and no engagement on the videos I've posted. Either my blonde is kicking in and I don't know how to use the group, or I need to find a more productive one. Is there something with google+ groups I'm missing? A cheat code perhaps!?

And reddit.... ahh reddit, lol.... my /r/casualiama went over like a lead wedding ring, no engagement. Hopefully looking into the youtube subreddits that I didn't even know existed will yield more positive results. A bit hypocritical of a site, lots of "no self-promotion" 10 to 1 posting guidelines and then Matt Damon or someone shows up plugging their new movie and ... wait... what happened to no self-promotion?! Navigating the fake-meta to find a niche that's cool is my current game plan.

I poke fun of my humble subscriber and view count, but only because I appreciate them for being cool enough to watch my stuff, comment and subscribe to my comedy channel because they like it... that means a lot to me. I'll have to check back here as my subscribers grow and post updates on what platforms and methods worked the best for me...

Cosy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Forums are probably the best place to promote your channel while also learning , helping others etc.

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I honestly feel like Reddit is the least effective. People are so picky and critical there, and you'll often find dislikes on your videos because of Reddit if you aren't careful.
I primarily use Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter. :)
Just reading through these answers. How do you use Tubmlr to promote content? I signed up for it last week and I cant seem to find out how it works. I posted a few things with a lot of tags but got nothing in return

Sven Vee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I primarily rely on YT itself to generate traffic tbh, and it works the best for me. I just find smaller channels and engage with them without spamming, and try to think of good and often humourous comments for larger channels that people would respond to or like so I get to top comment. It's a bit harder because it faisl 90% of the time, but those 10% of the time have gained me over 1000 subs in the last 3 months.

Apart from that instagram works too. I try to upload often and I started using the Insta Stories lately, which I feel quite a bit of people like to watch :)

SephiZack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The first video I published gained 10k+ views thanks to Reddit and a gaming forum and so did other videos on that game after that (most of them are sitting at over 3k views now). You have to find the right subreddit to post them to, though. I posted another game's video to that game's subreddit and it went almost unnoticed because there were so many users making new posts

I found that to get more exposure on reddit, you have to make a post 1 or 2 hours before its primetime (where there are most users). That way, there will be less competing posts and you might get to the front page in time for when there are most users, who might upvote your post even more.

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Reddit for sure.
Whenever I reach the front page of a subreddit, my websites and videos get 20k-40k views. I don't even really use anything else to be honest... just Reddit.

I don't do it for YouTube, but vote manipulation on that site has worked out well for my clients who wanted website traffic. It usually comes out to around $0.80 per 1000 views so if they want 100k views I usually ask for around $80 or so to get them the Reddit votes they need for 100k page views.

I have been tempted to manipulate votes for my channel, but I haven't spent a penny on my channel except for my DLSR camera, and I'm proud of that. I'd rather do my channel the right way, even though I could still make a profit if I manipulated Reddit for my videos.