YouTube Videos Promotion Poll - Which Helps The Most?

Which platform do you find helps your channel/videos the most?

• Twitter

• Facebook

• Instagram

• Pinterest

• Reddit

• Other (please share them)

Results are only viewable after voting.

UnicycleFight

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree. Reddit is probably the worst place you can promote your videos. They don't take too kindly to self promotion. I haven't tried Tumblr yet.
The NewTubers sub isn't so bad if you're genuinely looking for feedback and tips but as for promo reddit gets really cranky.

Reaction score
I am using only twitter at the moment! However, I haven't got anything from it yet!

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I try to promote my videos on instagram but most people just keep liking and commenting on just my instagram page instead of my channel lol.
Yo that's exactly what happened with me! I have like 500 people following me on there and I think, SWEET this could help with the channel! Nope. Not one bit. They do the exact same as they do with you. Just like and leave one word or smiley faced comments. So I just said, bah. Forget it. It's more work than it's worth. I stick with facebook, twitter( that's a slow process for me!) and a little google+

MetalKidz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yo that's exactly what happened with me! I have like 500 people following me on there and I think, SWEET this could help with the channel! Nope. Not one bit. They do the exact same as they do with you. Just like and leave one word or smiley faced comments. So I just said, bah. Forget it. It's more work than it's worth. I stick with facebook, twitter( that's a slow process for me!) and a little google+
People seems to like or comments on something that they see on that page only even when I'm also posting the link to my channel below,they never click it haha. I thinking on starting my own page on facebook but need to grow more contents on my channel first.

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
People seems to like or comments on something that they see on that page only even when I'm also posting the link to my channel below,they never click it haha. I thinking on starting my own page on facebook but need to grow more contents on my channel first.
I've made a facebook page, shared relevant stuff from that page to groups that like the same stuff, and have gotten followers on my facebook page that way. It's worked a lot better than I expected!

MetalKidz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've made a facebook page, shared relevant stuff from that page to groups that like the same stuff, and have gotten followers on my facebook page that way. It's worked a lot better than I expected!
Do i need to start making facebook page now where i don't have enough subscribers yet or do i have to grow my channel to a healthy fan base first before making facebook page, which do you think a better way to gain more followers?

Eman Aziz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I used them once on my old channel and never found them as useful as people make them out to be, unless I spam everywhere which is not the best way to go about using social media for youtube. I feel like the amount of time it takes to manage all these social medias people are always telling me to make can be used towards improving my channel instead. I don't know, maybe I'm not using it right but I sort of like to think that if your content is great, people will subcribe :)

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do i need to start making facebook page now where i don't have enough subscribers yet or do i have to grow my channel to a healthy fan base first before making facebook page, which do you think a better way to gain more followers?
Build both. If one of them does well then it'll overflow into your other sites. Heck my latest Facebook post got over 6000 views! Which is double my next highest post

Nebojsa032

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't actually promote my videos that much, but i think YTTalk helped me gain a few active subscribers :)