YouTube Video Outros

Michael

I Love YTtalk
We all know that having an intro is useful but what about an outro? We see TV programmes every day and almost all of them have an outro with credits at the end. I know for me that is when I get up and leave the room to do something else myself but on YouTube I am wondering if having an outro is important and if people watch them and use them if they have subscribe buttons in them etc.

My questions are do you use an outro on your videos? Do they improve your videos and do people like your outro? For what reasons do you use an outro? If you dont use one have you considered one or chose not to use one for any specific reasons?

I use an outro, but my channel is more of a "show" format. I don't think it would be appropriate for vlog-type videos. Tutorials, however, can always benefit from one, especially if your channel specializes in it. People often search for tutorials more than any other video because they don't know anybody who actually does them as an emphasis on their channel...if someone were to, say, look up one tutorial and see your outro then search for another and see your tutorial, they'd be more inclined to subscribe as they know you are someone who does tutorial videos.

The same could be said for show-type videos on youtube...such as sketch comedy or something that doesn't necessarily involve the same person, but is on the same channel.

Ofcourse, You can use the outro to lead people to your videos and channel. I find outro very important and useful..

I have outros on some of my lastest videos usually consisting of a subscribe button people can click and clips of other videos. looking at analytics attention statistics interest falls fast once the videos over which i would assume means that once my outro comes on people start looking for something else to watch

I have outros on some of my lastest videos usually consisting of a subscribe button people can click and clips of other videos. looking at analytics attention statistics interest falls fast once the videos over which i would assume means that once my outro comes on people start looking for something else to watch
Most people start to look for something else before the outro starts. That's why you have to draw the viewer's attention in the beginning of the video.

I only use outro's on video's if they're part of a series, with links to the previous, next and playlist.
I used to have an intro I also used as an outro, but it just looked bad. And I think it's better to have no intro/outro, rather than a bad looking one.

I've not thought about an Outro before, I have now though and I think I'll create a 10 second one simply thanking people for watching and provide a link to subscribe to my channel in/on it.

Back