YouTube Video Editor will go away on 20 Sep 2017

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
I know what is happening. Small youtubers will be kicked out, even though it was built on email it capturing events or whatever. But now they don,t care about you because the big corporations are using it and they don,t need you anymore. Wake up

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I do use it to trim off seconds so the runtime ends in zero if I can't catch it in final cut

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know what is happening. Small youtubers will be kicked out, even though it was built on email it capturing events or whatever. But now they don,t care about you because the big corporations are using it and they don,t need you anymore. Wake up
Actually, recently YouTube gave more support to small YouTubers and they continue to help the smaller channels. I think they remove the Editor, mostly because of the additional maintenance required for fixing bugs and giving support. And the Creative Commons was a hell to maintain as well. But there were times when e-mailing YouTube required you to have 15000 watchtime hours for the past 90 days - they removed this requirement, and they added the "On The Rise" Initiative, which is to help the small channels.

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
How come they took away the donation app. As time goes on they will Eliminate small channels. They don,t need you anymore.

TylersMagic

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just found out about this today,

Like a few others, I've only used the YouTube editor for editing my videos. It's simple, easy to use and doesn't require any space on my laptop; I can edit videos anywhere with it. I can upload videos from my phone, my ipod and my camera and easily edit them in the same place.

Like others, I have my intro saved and I can add it to any video. I can add royalty free music easily online. Oh well, time to finish up my projects and start searching for a new video editor/computer.

First Annotations, now the video editor. :O

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
The main useful thing I saw with the editor was being able to edit your videos without having to delete/re-upload them to YouTube. It allowed you to make changes to a video without deleting all the comments, views, etc., on the video... I was hoping they would enhance it rather than get rid of it, but I don't think very many YouTubers used it very much...
They are keeping the enhancement section. You'll still be able to edit videos you uploaded but not with the dedicated video editor & not with the same amount of detail. Tom from Creator Insider mentioned that the resources & time were too much, so they can focus on upgrading the current features that are actually used; like trim, adding audio etc... It does suck for people who use it now though but to be honest, they should really be using some free editors out there that are more powerful than the Video Editor.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I never really liked the the YouTube editor.! When I used it the editor to add something it just soound or look right, I also used it when YouTube sent me this message saying something is wrong the audio we can fix it just click are automatic editing button so I did but there was nothing wrong with audio before I clicked edit and then after I clicked it automatic editing it messed up the whole video so I had to re upload it.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Eh, I guess since only 2% of the users use the editor, it's good enough reason for them to ditch it to save on resources. This topic alone is full of people saying 'well, I never used it'.

As for small channels, unless Youtube itself shuts down, they're never getting rid of me. XD

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Actually, recently YouTube gave more support to small YouTubers and they continue to help the smaller channels. I think they remove the Editor, mostly because of the additional maintenance required for fixing bugs and giving support. And the Creative Commons was a hell to maintain as well. But there were times when e-mailing YouTube required you to have 15000 watchtime hours for the past 90 days - they removed this requirement, and they added the "On The Rise" Initiative, which is to help the small channels.
Actually, the number of content creators is increasing more than that of the Advertisers in YouTube platform. So, i think, the more added number of content creators in the YouTube world, the less revenue all the content creators will get, including the big channels. This is because YouTube company will not able to find sufficient number of ads to display in all channels. That's why they recently introduced that they will not show ads for the smaller channels that have not reached 10K views yet.

DanQZ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I had no idea Youtube even had an editor until they said it was going away