YouTube Video Editor will go away on 20 Sep 2017

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I wonder if they will be instating a replacement for this feature?
I mean, The actual editor itself wasn't the moooost useful feature, but I have for sure used it to edit videos before, when I had no other means to...

Also for those saying they have nothing to edit on, You can get editors on your phone, and a lot of computers come with more basic editor (such as Windows Movie maker, and the... Apple one, Which I don't remember the name of...)

The main useful thing I saw with the editor was being able to edit your videos without having to delete/re-upload them to YouTube. It allowed you to make changes to a video without deleting all the comments, views, etc., on the video... I was hoping they would enhance it rather than get rid of it, but I don't think very many YouTubers used it very much...
I thought using the editor created a whole new video? I know the trim feature in the enhancements just cuts out parts of the videos, without the need to make a whooole new video of it.. Is that what you mean?

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'd much prefer YouTube replace it with the ability to reupload the video without losing the views, likes and comments. The Editor is basic for someone like me who can do special effects on my MAC PRO

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The main useful thing I saw with the editor was being able to edit your videos without having to delete/re-upload them to YouTube. It allowed you to make changes to a video without deleting all the comments, views, etc., on the video... I was hoping they would enhance it rather than get rid of it, but I don't think very many YouTubers used it very much...
I also hope to keep the editor as it is or to add some more enhancement because i know many startup YouTubers have relied on this online service. However, here is what i think about this sudden change:

1- YouTube may want to get rid of using the contents that are marked under "Creative Common License" because it can cause too much content duplication especially when somebody search within YouTube search engine about a specific topic. Moreover, Content owners can change the content license at any time. So it will be a waste of time for those who rely on using the content of others without getting permanent copyrights.

2- They may facing a high load on their cloud and they may need to reduce it. Honestly speaking, i know some "Non-YouTubers" frequently using this service to get fast rendering to their Video Production Business. This practices cause high loads on YouTube Servers without benefiting YouTube.

However, i still hope YouTube to keep this service and to do more enhancement in way that it help small Youtubers and to protect YouTube rights at the same time.[DOUBLEPOST=1500791692,1500791305][/DOUBLEPOST]
Noooo! This is how I edit all my videos because my laptop can not handle any editing software :( I cant believe this. I don't know why they would do that.
Doing away with Youtube editor, why?[DOUBLEPOST=1500751331,1500751207][/DOUBLEPOST]I use the editor to upload multiple clips and then put them together to make 1 video. You mean I won,t be able to do 5hat anymore?
Sadly YES after 20th September 2017 :([DOUBLEPOST=1500791939][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think we should all petician Youtube to keep the editor, otherwise small youtubers will be crippled.
Strongly YES

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Damn... I actually liked using the Youtube Editor when my main computer wasn't available. I have some of my intros saved on private on Youtube, so I can just edit them in if I do a rant or something while I'm at a friend's house or something.

I hope this doesn't affect Youtube's original music library.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Damn... I actually liked using the Youtube Editor when my main computer wasn't available. I have some of my intros saved on private on Youtube, so I can just edit them in if I do a rant or something while I'm at a friend's house or something.

I hope this doesn't affect Youtube's original music library.
Quote from YouTube help forum:
from Marissa - Community Manager
We are keeping the Enhancements feature in Video Manager. With Enhancements, you can continue to enhance your uploaded videos with edits such as trimming, blurring and filters. Other things that are NOT going away:

• Trimming
  • Blurring
  • Audio Library
  • Filters
  • End Screens
  • Cards
  • Subtitles
  • Sound effects
  • Quick fixes (stabilize, contrast, slow motion, saturation, etc)
Audio Library stays.

QueenLlama

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Quote from YouTube help forum:
from Marissa - Community Manager

Audio Library stays.
I feel like what is staying just sounds like the YouTube editor.....

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel like what is staying just sounds like the YouTube editor.....
Unfortunately, there is a bug in the Enhancements feature in Video manager that breaks my videos, so enhancements is useless for me. I mailed about the bug to YouTube some weeks ago, and instead of them fixing it (as I hoped), they just kill the Video editor, don't fix the bug at all and told me to re-upload my videos. At least now I know the reasons they didn't cared about it. They knew it was going away.

AngelineCommander

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I never used youtube video editor to edit videos I use videopad

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Cant say that I have ever used it so its not a concern for me. Though when something gets removed its normally replaced with an alternative?

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think we should all petician Youtube to keep the editor, otherwise small youtubers will be crippled. This is only the start with 5hem, they don,t care about people that do it for a hobby and don,t have money to get fancy equipement
But that is precisely why they are getting rid of it, because hardly anyone uses it. It takes up a lot of youtubes resources to maintain, fix bugs etc. Youtube are investing those resources for other things that people actually use. They can't keep something going just because a handful of people use it. I would suggest you re evaluate how you do things, and either invest in some editing software or use one of the free ones available such as movie maker and lightworks