YouTube Video Editor will go away on 20 Sep 2017

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube announced that their Online Video Editor (Cloud Editor) will go away on 20 Sep 2017. Unfortunately, Content providers will No longer be able to edit their Videos using Online YouTube Editing Service.

What do you think ?

Reactions: Tin Salaj

Tin Salaj

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the information, but I never used it, to be honest, but I know some people who don't have enough money to buy an editor, and they use this on their mobile phones mostly.
It will be a sad day, but hopefully, something will replace that editor. :)

Also, i use premiere pro, audition, and after effects, but there are some people who cannot afford that, so I understand why u said this here. :)

Reactions: zaffron

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've used YouTube editor in the past and some times I found it invaluable, so seeing it go, even if not directly influencing me currently, will give me one less opportunity for uploading videos. Once I was far away from home and with no access to my computer, but I shot a very important news event. I went to a public computer, uploaded the raw file and edited it to remove parts with copyrighted music and shaky camera. All this with the YouTube video editor. The video got thousands of views. If I was going to upload at home, probably it wouldn't have received any views, because people don't care about old news.

Jetpi99 Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I never used the YouTube editor in my three months of YouTube career, and never will. I personally use Shotcut, which is open-source. It has a few bugs, but I'd recommend it for everybody starting YouTube. It's really reliable for a free program and there is no free trial, everything is really free.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
The main useful thing I saw with the editor was being able to edit your videos without having to delete/re-upload them to YouTube. It allowed you to make changes to a video without deleting all the comments, views, etc., on the video... I was hoping they would enhance it rather than get rid of it, but I don't think very many YouTubers used it very much...

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
Doing away with Youtube editor, why?[DOUBLEPOST=1500751331,1500751207][/DOUBLEPOST]I use the editor to upload multiple clips and then put them together to make 1 video. You mean I won,t be able to do 5hat anymore?

QueenLlama

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Noooo! This is how I edit all my videos because my laptop can not handle any editing software :( I cant believe this. I don't know why they would do that.

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
I think we should all petician Youtube to keep the editor, otherwise small youtubers will be crippled. This is only the start with 5hem, they don,t care about people that do it for a hobby and don,t have money to get fancy equipement

QueenLlama

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I think we should all petician Youtube to keep the editor, otherwise small youtubers will be crippled. This is only the start with 5hem, they don,t care about people that do it for a hobby and don,t have money to get fancy equipement
YES PLEASEE