Youtube Username Questions

aliksms

Reaction score
Hello!
I was wondering if someone could help me clear something up. I am very new to this and just beginning to start my channel. I have an account that is linked to my gmail account that I created years ago. I only have 3 random videos on it which I plan on deleting. What I am confused about is the username that I have associated with it. When I go into account settings and change my username, it has me change it on Google+. It lets me change it as often as I want. I was reading somewhere though, that you can't change your original youtube username in which case I can't even figure out what that original name is. I want to name my channel AlisonWonderland, but when i search that on youtube, all I find is videos from an "Alison Wonderland" who is a music artist. Does this mean I should create a different name? Should I create a whole new account from scratch? And if I do that, will there be an option to create a username that will tell me if the name has "already been taken or not"?
I want people to be able to find my channel when they type in my username. So I'm so confused as to how to create a username that doesn't already exist.

Mr Danny

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
When searching on YouTube, it's all about the tags and the SEO. This other Alison Wonderland probably has a good SEO system.

aliksms

Reaction score
Hmm okay. I understand about SEO, but I guess what I'm asking is what is my actual YouTube username? Is it whatever I want to change it to on my account settings using Google+? Or is it a one time thing that you create when you create the account that you can't change?

Rez_RawDawg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is really similar to the music artist and since you are only a small channel with very few videos changing your name wont hurt

Akim bolduc dicks

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Maybe you should create a new channel with a different username but it depends on how popular this "Alison Wonderland" is. You can also create another channel with a different name under the same Google/YouTube account.