Will you subscribe to YouTube TV for $35 a month?

• HECK YES!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi @offbeatbryce
I've merged your thread to this one that is discussing the same topic. ^_^

My parents are really big on downloading TV shows from the Internet from sites like hulu and saving them to watch later so they can fast-forward through the ads. My dad has a whole fancy thing set up lol! But I'm still going to mention this to him because I don't think he gets the syfy channel anymore, and my parents are really big on watching TV. Maybe between my brother, me, and my parents, we can get something set up fairly cheap. ^^

If I lived closer to Denver, I'd get most of those channels on regular TV. Since I live far away from a major city, I only get around 3.5 of those channels with an extended-range antenna (the 0.5 is NBC and is pretty much unwatchable). xD I think it's worth $12 a month if I split it with my family. ^^ I think the cheapest cable package in my area offers even less channels for like $50.00/month...

I like You Tubes plan. I think it will make mainstream cable companies re-think there position on cost and content. Competition from You Tube should lower prices across the board once it becomes more mainstream. That being said, your internet cost should rise as the demand on the system continues to grow.

My humble thoughts.
Scott

"YouTube TV will be available to U.S. customers in select markets on web, Android and iOS in the months ahead."

Damn, that's what I thought. This would hugely successful if it were open to users outside of the USA (but for those American channels) because there'd be huge demand from expats all around the world. I'm guessing the TV companies don't want that though as they have exclusive licensing contracts with offline TV channels / companies to transmit their shows.

I may very well take this new service seriously. I am currently a cable subscriber, but we hardly ever use it. I plan on cutting cable soon enough any way.

Currently I also have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu. I hardly use Prime and Hulu also, lol. However, we are big YouTubers as it is :D

I may very well take this new service seriously. I am currently a cable subscriber, but we hardly ever use it. I plan on cutting cable soon enough any way.

Currently I also have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu. I hardly use Prime and Hulu also, lol. However, we are big YouTubers as it is :D

I don't know what internet service you have but Xfinity is the only internet service in my state and internet only for 50mbps is 90 a month plus additional fees. It's ridiculous that internet only is that month. I tried at one point going with xfinity's 25mbps which was 50 a month but I kept getting dropouts with netflix etc because for some reason via wifi the speed is actually 10pmbs download and 5mbps upload. Xfinity said that's the way it is unless I go directly from cable modem which won't work with appletv since it's all wifi.

For me SlingTV is where it's at for now. I can get something like 30 extra channels for 5 bucks more which is 30 a month but YouTube for 30 a month doesn't have the 30 extra channels I want.

Hoping one day there is a different internet company where I am or YouTube adds extra channels onto the 30 a month or has some deal for youtube red users in the future. Then I'd possibly switch.

If they start to stream and netflix and hulu - why not - the price will be reasonable. :)
But 35$ for FOX news, abc etc - no way.

lol, I saw this the other day and commented on Twitter to youtube that I couldn't wait for it to come out.
They responded with "That's great Lets us know what area you are in and we can let you know when it comes out!"
I said "Canada...."
Silence."......"

hehe, It's not coming out in Canada.

Compared to Sling TV and others, it looks like YouTube TV has the best options for sports channels. It appears that the DVR may be limited to only select channels, that's a downside. It also could use a few more channels before it'd be worth it.

Compared to Sling TV and others, it looks like YouTube TV has the best options for sports channels. It appears that the DVR may be limited to only select channels, that's a downside. It also could use a few more channels before it'd be worth it.
Sling has more sports channels than YouTube.

I honestly think it could go one of two ways. It could have some really big shows/movies (I saw a trailer for a youtube movie. Like an actual movie youtube made) that blow up, it could do real well. That being said, it could go the google+ route and get some hype and just kinda sputter and die. We'll see. I'm open to seeing it do well.

Back