YouTube To Change Content ID Claim Process

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
"Today, we’re announcing a major step to help fix that frustrating experience. We’re developing a new solution that will allow videos to earn revenue while a Content ID claim is being disputed. Here’s how it will work: when both a creator and someone making a claim choose to monetize a video, we will continue to run ads on that video and hold the resulting revenue separately. Once the Content ID claim or dispute is resolved, we’ll pay out that revenue to the appropriate party."

Full Article: http://youtubecreator.blogspot.com/2016/04/improving-content-id-for-creators.html

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
This is the best news I've had today by far!

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
They are getting there! one step to fix the problems youtube is having!

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
That sounds much fairer! Hopefully this is the start of other issues being resolved.

TheTNGMen

I'm Just a Meme Machine
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hells yeah! I was so excited when I saw this on reddit today. It should not have taken this long to implement such simple reasoning!!!

AspiringGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer
Thank God, YouTube is going towards the right direction. Now they need to do what post #2 said - start penalising users for false reports that cause nothing but inconvenience.

Reactions: TheJNDuoPHL

IronAntz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is the best first step I have ever heard. Its gonna stop a lot of these ****** up third party claim groups just trying to get money from throwing out the Content ID if they know they are not just gonna get he money. Doing this means that we actually get a chance to get the money back.