• No

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

BusterSenshi

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I created this to help with creating thumbnails.

Color Key:​
Red YouTube Safe
Gray-Blue and Magenta Facebook Timeline Safe
Gray Text Safe

And then you will have images like this:

And when embedded looks like this:​
Because of this:​
Please feel free to ask any questions!

Attachments

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very nice template you have made there, I like the whole Facebook safe, YouTube safe and Not safe sections, nice job :)

Reactions: BusterSenshi

ChrisDrummer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very nice, always useful to know what will happen in thumbnails on Youtube, and other sites too. Thanks

TigerXtrm

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This might be a bit out of date now, since uploading a 16:9 image will just be placed as a thumbnail one on one now. At least for the thumb in my signature I used a 1920x1080 image for the thumbnail and that seems to display the same everywhere I post it, including Facebook. As you can see it only gets covered by the top title bar a bit, still need to straighten that out.

Also I'd like to see two elements added to this guide. The big play button that appears on embedded vids tends to block text sometimes. And the length indicator (bottom right hand side) on small thumbnails blocks certain elements as well. Idealy a thumbnails manages to avoid all these areas.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This might be a bit out of date now, since uploading a 16:9 image will just be placed as a thumbnail one on one now. At least for the thumb in my signature I used a 1920x1080 image for the thumbnail and that seems to display the same everywhere I post it, including Facebook. As you can see it only gets covered by the top title bar a bit, still need to straighten that out.

Also I'd like to see two elements added to this guide. The big play button that appears on embedded vids tends to block text sometimes. And the length indicator (bottom right hand side) on small thumbnails blocks certain elements as well. Idealy a thumbnails manages to avoid all these areas.
Those are some very good suggestions, the position of the play button at various sizes could be more useful than the Facebook sizes, I thought the same thing myself when I took a look and I thought I hadnt noticed any difference when embedding anywhere.

Namaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Its weird because I thought you do need a template but what I have done is simply uploaded the picture and it came out good, well maybe im a bit lost in that.
Thank you for the template either way, will try it out soon! very helpful :D