YouTube - the best Easter eggs guide

Cameron Dubs

Making David Cameron Sing!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here is a list of some of the best Easter Eggs that YouTube have to offer!

• "Beam me up, Scotty"
    Typing this iconic catchphrase into the search engine will transport the search results right to you.
  • "Use the Force, Luke"
    Typing Obi-Wan Kenobi's advice to Luke Skywalker into the search field will give you access to the force - try it!
  • "Fibonacci"
    Just type in "Fibonacci" and you can see the resulting videos pop up in a corresponding spiral.
  • Leetspeak
    Type in "1337" (leetspeak for "leet") anywhere that isn't the search bar or comment box while watching any video and see the comments section turn into a jumble of 13375P34K.
  • Missile Command
    Type "1980" while watching any video and a game of Missile Command will start above the video. You'll have to protect your video from the missiles coming down on it, and if you let too many pass by, the video will break.
  • Snake
    This is a classic one which I'm sure you'll have heard of anyway. When a video is playing, hold down the left arrow key for a few seconds then click the up arrow key. You'll then be able to play Snake over the video.
  • Wadsworth
    Typing "&wadsworth=1" at the end of a video URL will make it skip the first 30% of a video. Why? It's an homage to the Wadsworth meme that spun out of control when a Reddit user (with the username Wadsworth) said the first 30% of any video is not worth watching.
  • Do the Harlem Shake
    If you search the phrase "do the Harlem shake," your results page will immediately start blaring the song "Harlem Shake" and shake violently. As if YouTube is still on this craze...
  • Doge Meme
    Typing in "doge meme" into the search bar turns the font on the whole page into Comic Sans, just like the popular Doge Meme itself.

If anyone knows anymore, comment them and I'll add them to the list! Also if any stop working let me know too! Thanks :D

Last edited:

Pancake

Lonely Weirdo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist, Animator, Other
I combined my little pony, doge, use the force luke, and fibonacci. This is chaos

Reactions: Cameron Dubs

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How does the little pony one work?
The rest are all just awesome. Glad they have alot of free time at YouTube.

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator, Designer, Other
I'm gonna make video about this soon XD even though I already made one recently :p

Cameron Dubs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How does the little pony one work?
The rest are all just awesome. Glad they have alot of free time at YouTube.
Just realised that this doesn't seem to be active anymore. Therefore removed it from the list (I was working from my memory, and this definitely worked at one point xD)

I combined my little pony, doge, use the force luke, and fibonacci. This is chaos
How did you get the My Little Pony one to work? @JosPlays is having trouble doing it.

Pancake

Lonely Weirdo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist, Animator, Other
Just realised that this doesn't seem to be active anymore. Therefore removed it from the list (I was working from my memory, and this definitely worked at one point xD)

How did you get the My Little Pony one to work? @JosPlays is having trouble doing it.
I have swag.... (it didn't work but I still tried) :p I mean... everything else worked

benoftheweek

YTtalk's Chicken Salad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh my god thank you! I saw this when YouTube Geek Week was happening but forgot them all, thanks!

Cameron Dubs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Glad you all enjoy them! :D Like I say, I will try to keep this thread updated, but if there is ever any that are new, then lplease let me know! :D