YouTube terminating "pick-up artist" channels

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

YouTube has deleted more videos by so-called "pick-up artists", who teach men how to pick up women.

Another seven videos have been deleted and three channels have been terminated due to "violative sexual content".

On Sunday, YouTube removed over a hundred videos for violating its rules on nudity and sexual conduct.

The platform deleted the videos a day before a BBC Scotland investigation into the global seduction industry was published.

The channels banned on Thursday belonged to so-called "pick-up artists" based in Australia, England, and Lithuania, and had 80,000 subscribers combined.

The remaining videos were uploaded by men in the USA.

A YouTube spokesman confirmed the deletion after the contents of the videos was flagged by BBC Scotland's investigations unit.

He said: "YouTube strictly prohibits explicit sexual, graphic or harassing content and we review and take action on content when flagged.

"Nothing is more important than protecting the safety of our community, and we will continue to review and refine our policies in this area."

Source and full article:

It just seems to me that Youtube only takes action when a "scandal" is picked up by the media otherwise they don't seem to care. I'm amazed YouTube took so long. These channels and videos have been around for years and I always found them borderline creepy.

Thoughts?

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
with the amount of content uploaded every day it had just slipped under there radar till they were notified.

Reactions: Crown

moshi

Reaction score
The question is, what will youtube not terminate/demonetize/screw up. At this point theres little room for safe content.

Reactions: just Moto