Youtube Taxes

AmazingHieu

Reaction score
I'm not living in the US. Are there any disadvantages in terms of taxes or revenue share if I make Youtube videos targeting at US viewers?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the monetization forum. :)

The audience has no impact on taxes.

Reactions: AmazingHieu

AmazingHieu

Reaction score
Moved to the monetization forum. :)

The audience has no impact on taxes.
But they do have impact on the revenue, didn't they? Is it like you can improve the income by trying to get views from viewers in another country?

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, native English speaking countries generally are the best money makers. After that, you can push your average watch time. Niche is also important.

AmazingHieu

Reaction score
Yes, native English speaking countries generally are the best money makers. After that, you can push your average watch time. Niche is also important.
Oh, by the way, do I have to use VPS of the country whose viewers my contents target at, or just change the location and language?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
YouTube knows what country you're in. I wouldn't try to deceive them with VPS etc.

If you want to target English-speaking countries, then make videos in English and use English in the metadata: title, tags and description. After that, it depends on the audience retention. If the videos are good, people will watch them for longer and so YouTube will suggest them more often etc.

So basically, don't try to force it with tricks. Make good videos with good metadata that accurately describes the content.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
But they do have impact on the revenue, didn't they? Is it like you can improve the income by trying to get views from viewers in another country?
Yes, different countries pay better ad rates. My channel used to have mostly age 45+ and over 90% US. Now the age is mostly 25-40 and about 40% Philippines 60% US. My views are up, my watch time is up - my revenue is down ha ha.

Philippine ads do not pay much at all. (Canadian ads seem to pay well, but I have not targeted any particular country).