YouTube taking over my life and I can't help it...

Alex D

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
true, but my upload schedule is 3 times a week now so that takes up a ton of time.

NoirAscii

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
It's just obsession with progress, that's all.

I guess it's more about aiming to limit yourself to checking on your progress at a specific interval, then it becomes less of a compulsion over time. When you prioritise one thing over the other, it could damage the latter, thus leaving a lasting effect on you, then it effects what you were trying to prioritise in the first place.

Reactions: Alex D

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yep, I'm thinking of YouTube all the time. Always thinking of ideas for new videos. Honestly, I don't think it's a bad thing, I really enjoy creating videos and making plans for my channel.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey guys, are you in the same situation as me where YouTube is literally on your mind every single minute? I'm a GM at a multi million dollar company and I honestly can't focus on this job anymore. I have so many ideas floating for my YT channel that it's taking up all of my time. Even at the gym I'm all about YouTube! :) How do you cope with this problem?
I'm the same to be quite honest. To me, my job pays the bills but it isn't what I want to spend the rest of my life doing. I go to work and work hard and do everything the company asks of me, but outside of that, trying to make a name for myself and succeed in what I LOVE doing, is my goal, and it sounds like it is yours too. SO I wouldn't worry too much about it. There will be people that say it's all a pipe dream and you're wasting your time, but as I said before to someone else, if you don't try, you'll never know what could have been. If you are obsessed with what you do, it means you love what you do. I mean, as longs as thats something productive like youtube, then there is no harm. My partner understands what it is i'm trying to achieve, and when I say to her I want my own cookbook and i'd love to have my own TV show one day, she doesn't laugh, she supports me and believes in me. So surround yourself with those kinds of people, and you'll be just fine.

Alex D

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Exactly! My goal and dream is to to be able to sleep in on a WEEK DAY with my wife! I literally don't know what that is like, I've been grinding at every job since i was 15 to go higher and higher in careers and positions only to find out there will always be another boss.

iamvroom

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Delete the studio app off your phone so you cant check your numbers constantly. Besides that i dont know how you can get it off your mind. It reminded me when i first started and i was just constantly thinking about video ideas and this and that and how to interact with viewers, but then as my channel kind of got off the ground i became way more obsessed with the creator studio app and checking my numbers non stop. Like NON STOP! ive gotten better but i still look at my real time numbers probable every hour. Anyways im not sure if this helps its a tough addiction sometimes.
Will have to do this, sitting on that darn thing non-stop :/

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The thing is as soon as the ideas start floating in, I start writing down the plans for that video, then I start planning the week out to go record and it's a domino effect from there.
I do the same thing, sometimes I can't sleep because I keep getting video ideas!

CorrosiveLick

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys, are you in the same situation as me where YouTube is literally on your mind every single minute? I'm a GM at a multi million dollar company and I honestly can't focus on this job anymore. I have so many ideas floating for my YT channel that it's taking up all of my time. Even at the gym I'm all about YouTube! :) How do you cope with this problem?
well tbh that really sounds amazing, instead of thinking of this as a problem you should get those idea's out in the open and embrace them.

KennyMaximum

Reaction score
Well I mean it's a good problem to have if I was doing YouTube full time, but that's a long ways away.
I just watched your drivethrough/jumbo teddybear video lol. I watched the whole thing surprising to me and I subbed, I'll check out a few more later man.