YouTube Tags

CharlieeLou

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Think how Google/YouTube understands what is in your video. The bot that determines where you should place in search results can't physically watch your video. It can't look at your video and say "Right, this video is a review for the Playstation 4", because it can't watch your video, it's a robot. So, your tags, title and description tell the robot more information about your video. As much information as possible to help the robot read and understand the contents of your video.

Tags help make sure that your video that is about a Playstation 4 doesn't come up in the results for "cream cheese", for example.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Im curious, how do YouTube video tags help? what exactly is the role of YouTube tags? Thank-You!

I've moved your thread to the strategy / technique forum. :)

You've had a great reply so far.

This question gets asked (and answered) a lot so I would also suggest you also browse the other threads in this section. There are already plenty of threads about this still on the front page.

Good luck :)

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I'll add that if you have the same words in title, tags and description, and have decent watch time/retention then it's a guarantee that your video will rank in the top 20 and usually top 5. The top 3 also get shown in a google search for that term

Lastly. Don't bother with one word tags. "dogs" won't work but "cute dog does trick" will be better

Sk Jony

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You can used some tag tools to choose correct tag for your video...like tubebuddy....or something like this.

zaiful

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can find a tag on youtube, if you use an application on the chrome extension "Tubebuddy" or "Heartbeat".

Reactions: Mila from Ukraine

JRTrax

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Tags are crazy important. Get Tubebuddy and turn as man of them green as you can!tagsrank.jpg

Mila from Ukraine

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'll add that if you have the same words in title, tags and description, and have decent watch time/retention then it's a guarantee that your video will rank in the top 20 and usually top 5. The top 3 also get shown in a google search for that term

Lastly. Don't bother with one word tags. "dogs" won't work but "cute dog does trick" will be better
Great Tip, Thank-You![DOUBLEPOST=1474871485,1474871328][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've moved your thread to the strategy / technique forum. :)

You've had a great reply so far.

This question gets asked (and answered) a lot so I would also suggest you also browse the other threads in this section. There are already plenty of threads about this still on the front page.

Good luck :)
Thank-You, yes, there are a lot of threads here, wasn't sure where to look. But I appreciate you moving this. Thank-You!

Reactions: Crown