Youtube Survey Time

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
So I got a notification when I went onto my channel today that youtube was doing it's usual survey regarding your experience on youtube and what you think of everything and I filled that out in a heartbeat. The questions on it made me really annoyed because I wanted to explain why I thought certain categories were so poor and I wanted to have more input onto why I think the platform isn't great for smaller channels but sadly, it wouldn't let me add that comment until the end.

Anyways, what did you guys put down when you took the survey, was it more positive or negative, and why?
Plus do you think that the staff even take what we say into consideration because I've taken this survey twice now and I feel as if things have only gotten worse in some categories (can youtube be a job, do small channels have a chance, stuff like that).

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
The surveys are a joke. I took it and answered honestly, and even gave my email when they asked for further clarification, but I doubt it's going to be taken seriously. There are people on both sides of the spectrum who are like 'omg youtube has given me everything and i love it so much' because their oblivious to the problems the website has and others who are like 'OMFG everything on youtube is broken! fix your site!' because they fail to give the platform credit where it's due and throw shade to jump on the trend of hating on YouTube. So, results are going to pretty skewed. I'm thinking they'll be mostly negative, because everyone makes a video saying they hate YouTube, so all the problems are front and center, but there hasn't been any major fix-all improvements.

But I do think YouTube is genuinely putting in an effort to be open more with creators, even though there's still a ton of room for improvement. I've tweeted at TeamYouTube on Twitter about basic problems my channel has, and they've actually responded (a little robotic, but it's better than nothing) despite me being a smaller creator. And I've emailed them (since I'm partner verified) about problems with processing, and they've been relatively timely about responding. Not really helpful, but, being timely is a start.

Reactions: Justine

Kinan Media

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I THOUGHT YOUTUBE IS DOING A REPAIR FOR ALL WE, FOR YOUTUBE STAY SURVIVE AND LOVED BY THE ADVERTISERS, SO YOUTUBE OPINION CAN GET AND CREATOR REVENUES ALSO Rise

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Normally I do the survey but this time I just skipped it.