YouTube Subscribers vs. YouTube Views vs. Website Traffic

So when I started my channel, I launched it without any companion website. Now that I have my website I'm finding myself sending people to my Website and not my channel constantly, therefore, my subscriber #s have not increased as much as I wanted them to.

Having said that, my views are going up since my website embeds all my YouTube videos.

My question to all is which do you feel is better to have? I know I know...All three...but in general terms, is website traffic better to have then subscribers as long as the views keep going up?

I know I have a lot of viewers that are not subscribers but watch my shows.

Your input and opinions is highly appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting question, and something we have been wondering about.
We launched with a website the same time as the channel. Our thinking is the website is more to lend authority to the brand, and also have a greater presence across google properties for the name "kiddietoysreview".
So to answer the question, we try to drive traffic directly to youtube and build subscribers, but keep the website updated and relevant. At the moment we don't actively drive any traffic to the website.
The website is really there for later down the track in case the channel grows and we are interested in seeking sponsorship, its good to have another avenue to offer sponsors.

Back