YouTube Stories

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
YouTube is releasing stories! What do you think?

As a creator I love it, that's where my audience is. Here is an article from Adweek. However, I can confirm it's not quite available for those with over 10,000 subscribers, it's still in beta. I'm also posting the transcript of a conversation with YouTube support I had. Note: My channel is around 45k subs.

YouTube Support

Spencer Martin
Great, I saw that YouTube Stories is now available for creators over 10,000 subscribers?
Would love access to this feature as my channel qualifies!

Chris
I understand that you are already qualified to have the YouTube Stories features in your channel.
As this moment, product is still in beta but we are already on track on expanding it soon.
We will let you know as soon as we have an update on when it will be available to all partners who are qualified.
From Adweek

Is the stories format about to take off on YouTube? The Google-owned video site apparently thinks so.

Product lead Todd Sherman announced in a blog post that YouTube Stories are now available to all eligible creators with 10,000 or more subscribers.

YouTube began testing Reels, its entry into the stories fray, in November 2017.

The feature was renamed YouTube Stories at VidCon in June, and YouTube also announced at the event that it would be made available to creators with more than 10,000 subscribers later in the year.

YouTube Stories share many of the same characteristics as the feature’s namesakes on Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp (where it is actually called Status).

They are only available via YouTube’s mobile application for seven days, and they can be found via the Subscriptions tab for subscribers and the app’s home and Up Next list for non-subscribers.

YouTube Stories also include features such as stickers, filters, music and text, much like other platforms’ stories formats.

Sherman also revealed that comments have been added to YouTube Stories, and fans can comment, as well as react to comments with thumbs up, thumbs down or a heart. He added that YouTube Stories will feature the same comment moderation tools as video uploads on the site.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
Obviously it's just copying Snap and Instagram but it's a great feature. I think Youtube are trying to take on other social medias by offering the same features as them (like the community tab as well, being to post just like Twitter) so that people don't have to go to those places to interact with their favorite Youtubers. Youtube might become less of a video sharing platform and more of a social media platform. I hope nothing changes and they just add things.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
i keep hearing about this but don't know what it is. How can youtube be a book when it's made out of a computer and the internet? Isn't a video already a storey? I wish the world would stop inventing new ways to complicate my life.. is it one of these things that only young people know what it is? like a meme? i duno.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Me neither.

I've read the OP 3 times now and it's still not clear or even explained.

Have neither of you interacted with Stories on Snapchat, Instagram, or Facebook? Essentially at the top of your feed (subscription tab on YouTube mobile app) there will be profile pictures of the youtubers you follow. If it’s highlighted then they’ve posted a story, aka a short vertical video or picture. It’s called a story because multiple are generally posted in a row and throughout the day create a “story”.

I’m a fan of social tools like the community tab and stories coming to the YouTube platform, as they allow creators more ways to communicate and interact with their audience. Also a great way for YouTube to keep folks on their platform, and likely monetize them as well. Which of course will hopefully be another way for fans to support their fav creators.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Have neither of you interacted with Stories on Snapchat, Instagram, or Facebook?
Nope not really. Snapchat i thought is for children? Instagram mostly for selfie taking upside down women posing next to cliff edges? and I suffer the Facepage only as a contact directory to look up family/friends when I need to.. I don't post anything or use it for any other purpose. I object strongly to its noseyness

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I believe that the stories on youtube are those things that will pop up in your feed on mobile a youtube posted, normally with updates or things they wanted to say to their audiences, it kind of a way to announce something or get feedback from something without posting a video. They can also have images and youtube video imbedded into them. I've seen a few, and my favorite use so far is for channels working on big projects like animation, it allows them to show pictures and say what stages they are in, and share what's going on. 10k subs is really far away, but that's just one more reason to get there!

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I believe that the stories on youtube are those things that will pop up in your feed on mobile a youtube posted, normally with updates or things they wanted to say to their audiences, it kind of a way to announce something or get feedback from something without posting a video. They can also have images and youtube video imbedded into them. I've seen a few, and my favorite use so far is for channels working on big projects like animation, it allows them to show pictures and say what stages they are in, and share what's going on. 10k subs is really far away, but that's just one more reason to get there!
That’d be the community tab, Stories will be at the top of your feed. You know the circles that show if someone has uploaded? When it’s highlighted that means they’ve posted a story, you can click and watch.