YouTube star James Charles, 19, loses 3 MILLION followers

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
YouTube star and beauty guru James Charles has now lost nearly three million subscribers — including several celebrities — in the two days since a bitter feud with fellow makeup artist Tati Westbrook was made public.

The 19-year-old, who has worked with big name brands like CoverGirl and A-listers like Kylie Jenner, has watched his career falter since Friday, when his former mentor criticized him in a 43-minute video in which she listed the reasons she decided to end their years-long friendship.

Tati, 37, said that James' choice to promote a competitor to her own company was just the latest example of bad behavior — which included James making advances on men he knew to be straight, manipulating others' sexuality, and speaking crassly about sex in front of her friends and family.

Tati's video:

James' reply:

Full story about the drama: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7023701/James-Charles-loses-MILLIONS-followers-wake-feud-Tati-Westbrook.html

_____

When you analyse it, it all seems to come down to money. He promoted one of her competitors and she's p****d. Thoughts?

zerocache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Meh. 40 plus mins for something she could have told him to his face if she actually cared. She is acting out of uncontrolled impulse. She shouldn't talk about setting examples.

He, on the other hand, may be the wolf in sheep's clothing but from that video he's setting himself up on the higher ground. Being tenacious has got nothing to do with maturity. His problem is that his arrogance is not under control, which has to do with maturity - as in he's not mature enough to know how to stay humble. He got cocky one too many times and messed up.

They both messed up.

I don't even know who these idiots are... :p

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Interesting drama but I'm not going to watch over an hour of content to hear it all.

From what you shared, it surely appears to be a slap in the face for him to promote a competing brand.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wonder how much 3 million will affect his views, on one of my old channels only around 3 percent of views was from subscribed. It would be interesting to see the how his views are affected :D

Reactions: Crown

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I actually really liked and agreed with Pewdiepie's summary talking about this.
He came up with the same conclusion as you did, Crown, and I think the whole thing has been blown waaaaaay out of proportion. I can see why Tati is angry, but to go this public about it when she could have just talked to James over the phone seems too extreme to me. Perhaps I'm missing something, and perhaps there were a lot more little incidents not mentioned, and this was the "tipping bucket" moment. However, based on what is available online, it just comes across as unfair backlash and an extreme reaction towards James Charles for one sleep vitamin mention + a stab at saying he likes straight men and wishes he could make them like him...(but, lots of people wish their crush would like them...that's why it's called a "crush." x_x) I don't get it. :eek:

Reactions: Crown and markkaz

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Those videos don’t have titles that are good for SEO! You’d think they should know that !!

Reactions: Crown