Youtube shows me wrong amount of clicks why ?

dexterio

Reaction score
Hey quick question:
I just clicked on one of my videos which is about 3 months old and clicked on analytics. The page showed me that i have 20 views in total.
I started putting in some tags under my youtube PROFILE and clicked on the same video again and under analytics - viewers now it says over 5K. But on the video itself (outside of analytics) its still at 20.

Can someone explain me why the viewer counter gets affected by tags of my channel within seconds after changing / adding Tags ? i dunno if this is a bug or not..
I dont really believe that i got 5k clicks on a old video straight after i put in some tags under my profile

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Oh damn, that's a big difference. But YT and analytics is being a bit wonky anyway. It shows me different view counts when I'm on mobile and desktop and my analytics home page isn't updating. Haven't heard this specific problem yet though.

Reactions: dexterio

dexterio

Reaction score
Thank you. Good to know.

I started using some big youtubers names as a tag under my VIDEOS now just to test something and now i hit 10K views according analytics.went from 7k up to 10k straight after adding the tags.
And you are right. On mobile and other computers or browsers (when not logged in) it shows everything right. I dont even have 1k views and thats right.

When i remove the tags again, the analytics shows everything right then.
So i just ignore it. If anyone is interested in, here is a screenshot anyways:
yt bug.png

The funny thing is, this video has only 199 views and after i put in the tags, the analytics started showing me 322 as you see. I added just few tags to this video and that was now. But according the time and analytics, the video had already on the first day 30+ views. When i remove the tags and check analytics again, it says that i had only 5 views on the first day of the video. So even the whole "time display"(or whatever this screen is called) and it days get messed when adding tags.
But its fine, i know now this is 100% a bug haha.

SensualC4

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you. Good to know.

I started using some big youtubers names as a tag under my VIDEOS now just to test something and now i hit 10K views according analytics.went from 7k up to 10k straight after adding the tags.
And you are right. On mobile and other computers or browsers (when not logged in) it shows everything right. I dont even have 1k views and thats right.

When i remove the tags again, the analytics shows everything right then.
So i just ignore it. If anyone is interested in, here is a screenshot anyways:
View attachment 43161

The funny thing is, this video has only 199 views and after i put in the tags, the analytics started showing me 322 as you see. I added just few tags to this video and that was now. But according the time and analytics, the video had already on the first day 30+ views. When i remove the tags and check analytics again, it says that i had only 5 views on the first day of the video. So even the whole "time display"(or whatever this screen is called) and it days get messed when adding tags.
But its fine, i know now this is 100% a bug haha.
Sounds like maybe their counting clicks for those tags? maybe populating your video while looking for a specific tag is givng it cred? I know youtube has been having some issues the last few days :confused: (pure speculation on my part haha.. but still very weeird.)

Reactions: dexterio

dexterio

Reaction score
You could be right lmao. This is actually so weird :D.