YouTube says it will crack down on bizarre videos targeting children

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
H3H3 is a big brand with over 5m subscribers, they can sustain themselves from other sources. What about smaller YouTubers? What about YouTubers who already have Patreon and merchandise and still they barely get by because of adpocalypse, and now YouTube tries to screw creators even more. YouTube is restricting creators, don't blame creators for that. It's like blaming a victim of murder for not protecting themselves ,not the murderer. While the victim could potentially protect themselves better and maybe survive, in the end it's the murderer's fault that they are dead.
H3H3 is a big brand, but because of that they probably spend way more money on stuff like taxes, production, equipment, salaries for people, offices and so on. Stuff that a smaller Youtuber does not have. So the brand might be bigger, but the idea is still the same.

I am not sure what you mean with smaller Youtubers, as you were talking about fulltimers who had editors on the payroll. Those are generally not channels that make a minimum wage out of Youtube. If those channels are not able to do a succesful patreon or other alternative way of making revenue? Well, then either they are not really good at running a business or their product does not give enough value for people to pay for it. We can speculate about that all we want, but I feel like 9 out of 10 cases will probably be something in that general direction. My point is that it is possible to have a fulltime YT channel without your add revenue being a majority of your income and there are Youtubers out there that show that every single day.

As for the Youtube is restricting people discussion: you are not bringing any new arguments to the table on that one, so there is no real reason to go into that any further. Not judging you for having the feeling that they are restricting, but I just don't see any factual arguments to back up that feeling.

Weebster

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
H3H3 is a big brand, but because of that they probably spend way more money on stuff like taxes, production, equipment, salaries for people, offices and so on. Stuff that a smaller Youtuber does not have. So the brand might be bigger, but the idea is still the same.

I am not sure what you mean with smaller Youtubers, as you were talking about fulltimers who had editors on the payroll. Those are generally not channels that make a minimum wage out of Youtube. If those channels are not able to do a succesful patreon or other alternative way of making revenue? Well, then either they are not really good at running a business or their product does not give enough value for people to pay for it. We can speculate about that all we want, but I feel like 9 out of 10 cases will probably be something in that general direction. My point is that it is possible to have a fulltime YT channel without your add revenue being a majority of your income and there are Youtubers out there that show that every single day.

As for the Youtube is restricting people discussion: you are not bringing any new arguments to the table on that one, so there is no real reason to go into that any further. Not judging you for having the feeling that they are restricting, but I just don't see any factual arguments to back up that feeling.
Smaller youtubers, as in creators with 200k subs , 500k subs ; around those numbers, and yes they can make minimum wage.
"As for the Youtube is restricting people discussion: you are not bringing any new arguments to the table on that one, so there is no real reason to go into that any further. Not judging you for having the feeling that they are restricting, but I just don't see any factual arguments to back up that feeling."
Don't be a hypocrite now, because it's YOU who doesn't bring any new arguments to the table, I was expanding upon my previous arguments because it seemed like it wasn't enough for you; it's you who is saying the same thing. "H3H3 is big brand, if others youtbers don't make money without ads they are bad businessmen" Sorry ,but this your feeling ,and YOU don't provide any factual arguments to back it up.Whereas I did provide at least three different arguments( I did not want to expand on them much, because I don't have time to write freaking essays) - as in adpocalypse,smaller youtubers, and animators living of parodying. As for going any further with that; I see no reason to do it ,as yours and mine responses at this point are nothing else but spam.

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
Smaller youtubers, as in creators with 200k subs , 500k subs ; around those numbers, and yes they can make minimum wage.
"As for the Youtube is restricting people discussion: you are not bringing any new arguments to the table on that one, so there is no real reason to go into that any further. Not judging you for having the feeling that they are restricting, but I just don't see any factual arguments to back up that feeling."
Don't be a hypocrite now, because it's YOU who doesn't bring any new arguments to the table, I was expanding upon my previous arguments because it seemed like it wasn't enough for you; it's you who is saying the same thing. "H3H3 is big brand, if others youtbers don't make money without ads they are bad businessmen" Sorry ,but this your feeling ,and YOU don't provide any factual arguments to back it up.Whereas I did provide at least three different arguments( I did not want to expand on them much, because I don't have time to write freaking essays) - as in adpocalypse,smaller youtubers, and animators living of parodying. As for going any further with that; I see no reason to do it ,as yours and mine responses at this point are nothing else but spam.

I don't appreciate your attitude right now. Imo, you have been coming across very hostile in this thread for no reason. Maybe you misunderstood me or something. I am not sure, but I was not trying to attack you as a person or anything. I agree though, let's say our final words and move on from this.

1. channel size does not really matter, because I already explained how the search for other revenue sources is universal to channels of any size.
2. I did not have to bring any new arguments to the table, as my previous one still stands.
3. I did provide facts. I feel like I have been decently precise during our conversation.
4. You provided 3 arguments? The only one I read was money and I debunked that one.
5. Not expanding on stuff is fine. I am not holding a gun to your head. Can't blame me for reacting to you, when you decide to take part in the conversation though.
6. Too bad that you see our converstion as spam. To me a forum is more then just giving a short summary of my thoughts and then never revisiting the subject again. Then again, to each their own experience I guess.

That all being said, thank you for your reactions and stuff. Try to cool down a bit though man, this entire thing is not worth getting irritated over. Have a good one.

Weebster

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't appreciate your attitude right now. Imo, you have been coming across very hostile in this thread for no reason. Maybe you misunderstood me or something. I am not sure, but I was not trying to attack you as a person or anything. I agree though, let's say our final words and move on from this.

1. channel size does not really matter, because I already explained how the search for other revenue sources is universal to channels of any size.
2. I did not have to bring any new arguments to the table, as my previous one still stands.
3. I did provide facts. I feel like I have been decently precise during our conversation.
4. You provided 3 arguments? The only one I read was money and I debunked that one.
5. Not expanding on stuff is fine. I am not holding a gun to your head. Can't blame me for reacting to you, when you decide to take part in the conversation though.
6. Too bad that you see our converstion as spam. To me a forum is more then just giving a short summary of my thoughts and then never revisiting the subject again. Then again, to each their own experience I guess.

That all being said, thank you for your reactions and stuff. Try to cool down a bit though man, this entire thing is not worth getting irritated over. Have a good one.
I didn't mean to come as hostile so sorry about that, but you did come as hypocrite by saying I repeat myself ,when you were doing that too.
1.Channel size does matter. Channel with 10 subscribers won't be able to even profit from sites like patreon, or merchandise like channel with 5 million subscribers could.
2.So does mine.
3. You didn't provide facts (except h3h3 earning money from other sources that aren't ads) you provided your opinions on the matter- there is a difference.
4. You haven't debunked my argument -why? You provided your opinion on how you can earn money from different sources and you referenced one channel that does that; that on it's own cannot debunk argument.
5.I don't blame you on reacting to me , when did I say that?
6. I see it as a spam because it's deviates from the topic , which is about bizarre videos targeted towards children, general monetization and ways of earning money ,while it can be related to the subject, our conversation at this point - is not
And coming back to hostility , while I did insult you for being hypocrite -your statement could be interpreted as me being an idiot who doesn't make arguments,and only repeats himself, to which I replied that you're hypocrite I don't see any hostility there. I do agree that my arguments aren't the best ones because I am not willing to go in depth with them - as I see no reason to. But the same can be said about yours.
I am not willing to go any further on this ,because as I said it's spam at this point (it's not related to the topic anymore) I stated where I stand. And lastly I'll just throw it there - Youtube and creators shouldn't be responsible what children see, it's their parents responsibility.

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
I didn't mean to come as hostile so sorry about that, but you did come as hypocrite by saying I repeat myself ,when you were doing that too.
1.Channel size does matter. Channel with 10 subscribers won't be able to even profit from sites like patreon, or merchandise like channel with 5 million subscribers could.
2.So does mine.
3. You didn't provide facts (except h3h3 earning money from other sources that aren't ads) you provided your opinions on the matter- there is a difference.
4. You haven't debunked my argument -why? You provided your opinion on how you can earn money from different sources and you referenced one channel that does that; that on it's own cannot debunk argument.
5.I don't blame you on reacting to me , when did I say that?
6. I see it as a spam because it's deviates from the topic , which is about bizarre videos targeted towards children, general monetization and ways of earning money ,while it can be related to the subject, our conversation at this point - is not
And coming back to hostility , while I did insult you for being hypocrite -your statement could be interpreted as me being an idiot who doesn't make arguments,and only repeats himself, to which I replied that you're hypocrite I don't see any hostility there. I do agree that my arguments aren't the best ones because I am not willing to go in depth with them - as I see no reason to. But the same can be said about yours.
I am not willing to go any further on this ,because as I said it's spam at this point (it's not related to the topic anymore) I stated where I stand. And lastly I'll just throw it there - Youtube and creators shouldn't be responsible what children see, it's their parents responsibility.
1. Channels with 10 subscribers are not even the topic of discussion. You are just randomly throwing that in there right now.
2. It does not in my eyes, but believe what you want. I am over it.
3. I can write an entire essay about this point, but H3H3 thing was a fact? So then I delivered 1 fact more than you did (IMO)
4.See point 2 and 3
5. You didn't. I just meant to say that it's oke that you don't want to expand on things, but it's also oke for me to ask you to expand on things if you decide to talk about things.
6. Completely different discussion that I am not going into with you.

I am not going to play this ''we're both at fault'' game as far as hostility goes. I have been very polite to you, even after you decided to be kind of a jerk. You apologize for calling me a hypocrite and you admit that you insulted me, but you don't see how you were hostile by saying it? And on top of that you claim I insulted you and called you an idiot? Oke dude, nice apology. You can have the last word if you want to (it seems like it, as you are writing essays). I am moving on with my life.

Russ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So its the end for Elsa X Spiderman X Joker videos?
Thank god, it's over! those f*cking horrible and cringy videos, most of all inappropriate for kids, probably they were made by some creepy weird old pedophiles.

KTP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This is interesting and worrisome. Makes me wonder if it is even worthwhile for those just starting off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
I had already noticed a subreddit about this issue, some of those videos are extremely disturbing!

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are many regulations regarding protecting kids. These changes are no surprise.