YouTube says ‘not all creators who apply’ for Creator Awards will receive them

Wow... :eek: So they now have additional semi-unknown criteria (besides subscriber amounts) for receiving a plaque! I wonder if it might tie into the whole "not advertiser friendly" thing? I still kind of wonder why they go by the number of subscribers when everything seems to be based on watchtime nowadays.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. :/ I guess YouTube doesn't want to reward content that they don't want to be known to endorse, but I wish they'd be more clear of the additional criteria guidelines:
We Keep It Honest

Creator Awards are given at YouTube's sole discretion and we only recognize creators that have played by the rules. Each channel is reviewed before an award is issued to keep the playing field fair. That means rewarding creators that keep their accounts in good standing without copyright strikes, community guideline violations, or artificially increased subscriber counts, among other criteria.

I mean..having a little disclaimer saying they reserve the right to not send rewards makes sense to me, but I wish it were elaborated on a little more besides having a short list + "among other criteria." Perhaps they are relying on common sense for figuring out what they will accept, but more info would be nice for those who might wonder if they're in a grey area... :/

This is a bit weird. My main channel was given both silver and gold buttons but the sub channel was well over 10K more than one year ago and no wards code was given. And this might explain.

YouTube says ‘not all creators who apply’ for Creator Awards will receive them.
Yes I've heard about this people surpassing the Milestones required to earn these Awards but not receiving them which is kind of weird and ****** up to me I very rarely have heard of this pretty 100k subscriber plaque I've heard of several channels who have over 100k subscribers but YouTube won't give him the silver play button because they say their content is not eligible since when is there a Content eligibility clause if you have 100k subscribers you should get your plaque plain and simple there is no ifs ands or buts about it not receiving your plaque that you earn which often takes years to earn is not fair and it's just plain old ridiculous what is the reasoning behind this

Hmmmm I do see the point of this in some ways though if the creator has made the time and effort to reach the subscriber amount and feel accomplished for what they have done, they should receive the award.

There was a channel called “100k subs no videos” a while back that was a stunt to see if they could get a button by doing nothing. They did. Maybe that’s part of what made them be a little stricter

Reactions: nad
There was a channel called “100k subs no videos” a while back that was a stunt to see if they could get a button by doing nothing. They did. Maybe that’s part of what made them be a little stricter

It's obvious they deleted all previous videos. For example, youtube.com/user/ToyMonsterChannel/videos has more than 1 million subs and no vids.

BTW my sub-channel well over 100K is composed of main channel's videos in a foreign language.

Wow... :eek: So they now have additional semi-unknown criteria (besides subscriber amounts) for receiving a plaque! I wonder if it might tie into the whole "not advertiser friendly" thing? I still kind of wonder why they go by the number of subscribers when everything seems to be based on watchtime nowadays.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. :/ I guess YouTube doesn't want to reward content that they don't want to be known to endorse, but I wish they'd be more clear of the additional criteria guidelines:

I mean..having a little disclaimer saying they reserve the right to not send rewards makes sense to me, but I wish it were elaborated on a little more besides having a short list + "among other criteria." Perhaps they are relying on common sense for figuring out what they will accept, but more info would be nice for those who might wonder if they're in a grey area... :/
YouTube spoke out a month ago and said this wasn’t true, they said they wouldn’t deprive someone their play button just because of the content they make if they have 100k subscribers than they will get their play button.

To my understanding it's for creators who didn't earn it legitimately, and possibly channels that violate the advertiser friendly content guidelines (who are also ineligible for a partner manager, the main 100k benefit).

It's obvious they deleted all previous videos. For example, youtube.com/user/ToyMonsterChannel/videos has more than 1 million subs and no vids.

BTW my sub-channel well over 100K is composed of main channel's videos in a foreign language.
No this really was a campaign to get 100000 people to subscribe to a channel with no videos

Back