Youtube running anti-gay ads

umbysworld

YTtalk Mad
How is this even real? Why would youtube allow anti-gay advertisements? The hypocrisy is making my brain melt. I can't wait to see how they are going to spin this one. I hope it's better than this tweet:

"Hi—you can keep these ads from appearing by setting an ad exclusion for a specific advertiser URL, general ad content categories, or sensitive content categories."

Wh...wh...WHHHHAAAAAATTTT?????? I don't even know what to think anymore. It's like youtube is capable of any random thing you can possibly think of. And these ads were running on LBGTQ channels! Hold on, I think I'm going to faint... *thud*

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Wait...anti-gay ads?! They have that kind of stuff on YouTube 2018, even after all the backlash they've had recently about censoring LBGTQ(A)+ stuff? :S I don't think I've seen any of those ads, but I also don't really pay much attention to ads...I kind of zone out and read through comments while ads are playing. :eek:

xingcat

Be good to self.
It's disheartening, but also good to remember that any company is always going to wind up going with the conscience that most closely aligns with their wallets more than anything else.

umbysworld

YTtalk Mad
Here's youtube's pathetic official statement:

"We have policies against ads on YouTube that incite hatred or promote discrimination, and all ads that run on the platform have to comply with these policies," stated the company.

"Even when an ad does not violate our policies, we understand that creators may not want ads from certain advertisers appearing on their videos.

"That’s why we give creators the ability to block ads from an advertiser in their AdSense account. We also give creators the option to block certain categories of ads if they choose. In the meantime, we are looking at ways to improve our policies going forward."