Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

YouTube rewind 2017 is here

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by Crown, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:34 AM.

1. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $6,849
    Edit: Here it is:

Thoughts?

I find it pretty cringey tbh. ^^

#1 Crown, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:34 AM
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 6:17 PM
  2. TYTD
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $212
    I always have mixed views about them really...While it's nice to have a bit of a retrospective on the year that was from a social media perspective at the same time I do often spend a good chunk of the videos going "Who's that" *Googles* "Ohh...okay..." there are also times when I feel its maybe a little too self congratulatory and selective of youtube as a concept rather than the covering a wide range of creators who've worked so hard to give youtube its good name...

I always thought it would be cool if the "Alternative" youtube crowd got together and made an alternative youtube rewind with the likes of H3H3, Jontron,idubbz, Ashens, Stonedgremlinproductions, and maybe even filthyfrank...though quite how that would work out I couldnt possibly say xD

3. nad
    nad
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $242
    I usually recognize around 15-20 of the YouTubers (and actually know their channel name) in the Rewind and I enjoy watching it once or twice.
    So while I'm not super hyped, I will definitely have a look at it in the coming days.

4. Switchbox
    Give me your food
    Cash:
    $1,673
    I've been less and less bothered every year.
    I don't watch any very popular YouTubers anymore.

Isthisawalrus and Selim Keles like this.
  5. Selim Keles
    Nap King
    Cash:
    $100
    yea 2013 me loved these things but each year i have watched less and less popular YTbers and now i dont watch any mainstream YTbers besides Pewdiepie time to time but yea its not for me

6. Dewmonic Abyss
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $24
    Oh boy. YouTube Rewind. A video of YouTubers I've never seen before who are almost always on the trending tab and rarely ever get demonetized. Not my cup of tea. If the rewind takes place anywhere other than a post-apocalyptic wasteland, it's not accurate. And the fidget spinner in the trailer.. That's a part of 2017 I wish we could all forget. LMAO

Isthisawalrus likes this.
  7. Dutchie in England
    Exploring England one video at a time!
    Cash:
    $22
    From a media-and-trends point of view, these rewinds are facinating. I remember that the 2016 one was the first one I've ever watched and I didn't understand 80% of it. Now that I'm a bit more informed about the platform, I watch them with a different eye. I just watched 2013 to 2016 and it is really cool to see which people are consistently in it, how much they are in the spotlight, what kind of trends and songs they use. It really reflects the changes in our society and Youtube.

2013 was really focussed on the songs that were popular. 2014 had a strong focus on the ice bucket challenge and showing a lot of creators, but in the same time suddenly included really commercially produced faces, such as John Oliver and Stephen Colbert (and Big Bird? xD). 2015 did a good job portraying the diversity of nationalities that Youtube hosts and included the gaming community in a fun way. 2016 again had a focus on internationality, included their gamers and biggest video hit (the car singing).

Overall, the production value of these videos is just mindblowing. It's fun to watch it just for the spectacle, to be honest :p

Edit:: Just watched the 2012 rewind and to be honest, the contrast is hilarious xD The pace is slower, there are fewer creators and the production value is a lot lower. Quite entertaining none the less though :p

8. Stike96
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $79
    I actually really enjoy the rewinds and do go back and watch them a few times. I usually recognise quite a few people in them.

9. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $6,849
    I've updated the OP with the video. It's pretty cringey lol.

10. KidsCorner
    Super Poster
    Cash:
    $66
    I hope it's age restricted, it has zombies in it :)
    On a more serious note, it's well produced but besides Casey Neystat and DeFranco I didn't recognize anyone else.