Youtube Revenue Broken?

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Okay. Ads are running on my videos. I know that for a fact. The problem is, it seems like my revenue stream is stuck. My total view minutes have gone up 40% in the last month, but my revenue is the same as last month. My last 28 day period I had 68,000 viewed minutes for the whole month. My view minutes for current 28 day period is at 105,000. But my earnings for the current 28 day period are the same as for the last 28 days period. What is that all about?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
My view minutes for current 28 day period is at 105,000. But my earnings for the current 28 day period are the same as for the last 28 days period. What is that all about?
Your current 28 day earnings are 'estimated' only, and will likely change. The other day I was looking through reports, current 30 days vs previous (or 28 days, i dont remember) and the amounts were the exact same, to the penny. So something tells me the reporting system was borked.
But otherwise, earnings going up, down, sideways, good days, bad days, etc, are normal.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Your current 28 day earnings are 'estimated' only, and will likely change. The other day I was looking through reports, current 30 days vs previous (or 28 days, i dont remember) and the amounts were the exact same, to the penny. So something tells me the reporting system was borked.
But otherwise, earnings going up, down, sideways, good days, bad days, etc, are normal.
If they are only estimates, then mathematically a 40% growth in traffic should be an estimated 40% growth in earnings, not a 0% growth. It's not rocket science.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
If they are only estimates, then mathematically a 40% growth in traffic should be an estimated 40% growth in earnings, not a 0% growth. It's not rocket science.
You are right, it's not rocket science, but you are wrong - a 40% growth in traffic does not necessarily mean any growth in earnings at all.
Advertising rates fluctuate. It is entirely possible that you have xx% more watch-time yet yy% less earnings. A 40% difference would be unusual/a lot, but considering the recent number of large advertisers that have pulled ads, it's completely possible.
And.. it's all still 'estimated' and it WILL change.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You are right, it's not rocket science, but you are wrong - a 40% growth in traffic does not necessarily mean any growth in earnings at all.
Advertising rates fluctuate. It is entirely possible that you have xx% more watch-time yet yy% less earnings. A 40% difference would be unusual/a lot, but considering the recent number of large advertisers that have pulled ads, it's completely possible.
And.. it's all still 'estimated' and it WILL change.
You are talking nonesense. You say, it's and estimate, but it is not an estimate. An estimate by definition is a rough average based on overall factors. It is impossible to make an estimate without factors. You are saying that YT only gives estimates based on traffic factors, but Adsense actually runs the real numbers.

I am saying that my traffic factors shold result in an estimated increase in YT analytics, because YT uses those factors to make their estimates. You say that Adsense uses actually ad impression statistics to calculate actual earnings and thoey may differ from what youtube has estimated based on traffic factors.

But when I say that my traffic factors should result in an increase in my YT estmates, you backtrack and say that YT is looking at the actual ad impression statistics to calculate their numbers, which would mean that it is NOT an estimate.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Unless you consider yourself to be youtube, why would I call them. I was talking about the inconsistencies in your statements, not theirs. Cheers!

Last edited: