Youtube Render Settings - Container & Codec

OoDex

Reaction score
Hello Community!

I've been off of Youtube for over a year after some incident and I want to get back into it, just for fun. If it's still like back then, Youtube provides features depending on subs (higher quality/priority on videos). The Channel I'll use has around 2k Subs, I know that's not a lot but I have to start from 0 again.

Now first of all: I do Minecraft LP's (never got why people hate it so much), I always wanted high quality and had it back then. You could see everything, in the darkest cave and on fast moving pictures, the picture was sharp. But now, as I used one of my old Codecs, the video got some kind of blurry, mostly the grass.

My old settings were:
16-20MB/s (depending on container/codec, using .wmv, .avi, .mp4, .m2ts)
Codec: H.264/x.264 for avi, rest wouldn't allow much else as basic settings
1080p@60FPS
Rec.Software: Fraps
Render Software: Sony Vegas Pro 11/13 (liked 13, but using older laptop now and 11 does the same and is faster)
Don't think anything else is important.

Sorry if I might have problems to understand questions/instructions, I was always to lazy to work with tutorials and worked it out over 5+ years of doing Youtube what is best and optimizing. I looked threw the forum but I just joined and I couldn't find a lot of tutorials, like codec-settings (i mean exact settings what to put in) to try it. .m2ts had the best output I ever had in my life, but sadly in sony vegas pro 11 the audio and video get asynchron as I render it.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I've always used the K-Lite Codec pack for all my renders. I am able to render out videos with 1080p, 30-60fps with the .mp4 format every time without errors on my Sony Vegas 13. I've never downloaded any other codecs cause this one was free and worked like a charm for all my video projects.

And Fraps use to be something I've used back in the day but now I screen record with Camtasia if I need to record an emulator of a game or just my computer screen for a tutorial of some kind.

Anyways I hope that helps. =]

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So what you are trying to say that you are using exact same settings as before but now you have different result ? That does not sound right.

Elysia

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello Community!

I've been off of Youtube for over a year after some incident and I want to get back into it, just for fun. If it's still like back then, Youtube provides features depending on subs (higher quality/priority on videos). The Channel I'll use has around 2k Subs, I know that's not a lot but I have to start from 0 again.

Now first of all: I do Minecraft LP's (never got why people hate it so much), I always wanted high quality and had it back then. You could see everything, in the darkest cave and on fast moving pictures, the picture was sharp. But now, as I used one of my old Codecs, the video got some kind of blurry, mostly the grass.

My old settings were:
16-20MB/s (depending on container/codec, using .wmv, .avi, .mp4, .m2ts)
Codec: H.264/x.264 for avi, rest wouldn't allow much else as basic settings
1080p@60FPS
Rec.Software: Fraps
Render Software: Sony Vegas Pro 11/13 (liked 13, but using older laptop now and 11 does the same and is faster)
Don't think anything else is important.

Sorry if I might have problems to understand questions/instructions, I was always to lazy to work with tutorials and worked it out over 5+ years of doing Youtube what is best and optimizing. I looked threw the forum but I just joined and I couldn't find a lot of tutorials, like codec-settings (i mean exact settings what to put in) to try it. .m2ts had the best output I ever had in my life, but sadly in sony vegas pro 11 the audio and video get asynchron as I render it.
16-20mb/s could have something to do with it. everyone of my videos is exported at 100-200mb/s H264. that may be overkill and may be because I do film for a living (on a different channel) but i could never imagine exporting something under 50mb/s