YouTube removing my video from suggested...

Taygirl7

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
This is my first time posting. My channel has around 450 subs, and a little over 3900 watch hours. My main video that took off because YT suggested it was bringing in about 4000 views a day. Not anymore. As of 10 am this morning, they booted my video from being suggested. This pretty much happened about an hour after I uploaded a video this morning. The videos was about my boys getting haircuts, and I included emoji scissors in the title. The thumbnail is a pic of my son with a pair of buzz clippers getting ready to, well, buzz his hair. So here is what I am wondering: do you think that perhaps this "de-suggesting" of my video happened due to something in my video (I know things have been rough in the last few months... don't know if scissors is now to "edgy"). I am also kind of wondering if the thumbnail is maybe setting off an alarm. Doesn't YT scan thumbnails in some way? Perhaps the program thinks it looks like a gun instead of buzz clippers or something and it kind of "flagged" my channel in a way? I am just stumped as to why this occurred right after that video posted. Also... any hope for this video gaining popularity again??

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I honestly don't know if I even can help answer your questions. based on my gut feeling, I don't think your thumbnail had anything to do with it being removed from the suggestion box but I could be wrong since no one 100% knows what Youtube's algorithm. has that specific video's retention rate dropped of late?

also, no matter how popular a video is, there usually is an end point. there are tons of old school youtubers who have videos that are in the millions to date but are pretty much stagnant now. not sure if that was much help but yeah, unfortunately a lot of people are experiencing this.

luckee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
That's pretty normal and believe me it isn't always "GLORY days". Welcome to the YouTube world :-D

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
You may be over-thinking this.

The YouTube algorithm is very complex indeed, and I doubt that even a YouTube technician could answer your question. So many factors influence the positioning of your videos, not least of which may be thousands of other videos that are uploaded competing with your space.

Once you have produced the best video you can, given it the best title, description, and tags that you can, then you need to just launch it and let YouTube carry it wherever it is destined to go. There is Nothing you can do about it...just focus on the the next video.

Reactions: Crown

Taygirl7

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies! Though I am not happy about it, I just have to put my big girl pants on and keep moving!!