Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great post, thankyou for putting in the time to put it up.

There's also the flip side, even if the content creator is doing it for fun and not having these unrealistic expections there are unrealistic expectations from obnoxious friends.

I've had a friend tell me my channel was crap because no one was watching my videos, after only two months of starting my channel. He immediately showed me a channel which had 55,000 subs and said I had to make videos in the same style as that channel. That channel had been around for over 5 years.
At that point I had already 200 subs and was averaging 200 views per video.

He expected instant overnight success. He's a good friend of mine, but has given zero support in regards to the channel.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've had a friend tell me my channel was crap because no one was watching my videos, after only two months of starting my channel. He immediately showed me a channel which had 55,000 subs and said I had to make videos in the same style as that channel. That channel had been around for over 5 years.
Sad to hear something like this. 200 subs in two months is awesome! It's so weird that people think you can grow two 50K in such a short time span, they obviously have no idea how YT works.
I'd say, let them start a channel, if they think they can do better. That will teach them xD

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sad to hear something like this. 200 subs in two months is awesome! It's so weird that people think you can grow two 50K in such a short time span, they obviously have no idea how YT works.
I'd say, let them start a channel, if they think they can do better. That will teach them xD
Yeah I wish people knew exactly how youtube growth works.
I did tell him to start his own channel, but he said no, and said he wanted to focus making short clips for snapchat and instagram stories instead of doing a youtube channel

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Great post, thankyou for putting in the time to put it up.

There's also the flip side, even if the content creator is doing it for fun and not having these unrealistic expections there are unrealistic expectations from obnoxious friends.

He expected instant overnight success. He's a good friend of mine, but has given zero support in regards to the channel.
That's the unfortunate truth, people just don't know enough about how youtube works, or video creation for that matter.
If anything your growth is actually really great! My channel was doing 200-300 subs per month 8 years into it's life!
most youtubers have to learn patience first :D