YouTube promoting "smaller" YouTubers

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

From the description of the official video:

___
Hello Insiders! My name is David Sharon and I’m a Product Manager at YouTube. I work on a couple different products including Autoplay on Home, Downloads, and Explore. The team and I are excited to get your feedback on an idea we have around how to better discover endemic and emerging creators within Explore. Please leave your feedback in the comments!
___

This looks pretty cool. What do you guys think? :)

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think that comments will flood with

"here, check me out"

"love the idea / girl / boy / video / whatever"

and

"why am I not already accepted in YTPP? it's been four months now"

kind of comments by 99,99%.

:p

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
So Youtube's own channel "Creator Insider" recently posted a video where they announced a new feature of their site, the "on the rise" section of the trending tab. Not every youtube channel has it yet because it's just in an experimental stage, but it is supposed to provide promotion to channels exclusively that are under 10,000 subscribers.

The video title is "Promoting Smaller Channels on YouTube - Give us YOUR Feedback! | "On The Rise" in Explore," and the channel is called "Creator Insider," if you might be interested in checking it out.

Looks to be exciting. I can't wait for it to become a universal feature. I sure as hell could benefit from that!

Reactions: Crown

hahakids

Reaction score
Didn't they have this already? I saw someone "On the Rise" last week and looked into it. It seems they still pick bigger channels ie ~5-10k subs for their featured creators, and it's only 3 per week. You can see it if you google "Creator on the Rise" and "Artist on the Rise"

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Didn't they have this already? I saw someone "On the Rise" last week and looked into it. It seems they still pick bigger channels ie ~5-10k subs for their featured creators, and it's only 3 per week. You can see it if you google "Creator on the Rise" and "Artist on the Rise"
The video I mentioned in the OP was published on Janaury 31, 2019. So if you saw it last week, that still fits.

Also, I mentioned in the OP that they exclusively promote channels with less than 10k subscribers, so picking a 5-10k sub channel to feature still fits.

hahakids

Reaction score
Right, sorry if it came off like I was saying you were wrong or something. I was just trying to say I wish Youtube really focused in on the newest content creators, ie less than 5k. It's those channels that really need the boost! Thanks for sharing though, hopefully new direction can help bring fresh new content and creators onto Youtube :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So Youtube's own channel "Creator Insider" recently posted a video where they announced a new feature of their site, the "on the rise" section of the trending tab. Not every youtube channel has it yet because it's just in an experimental stage, but it is supposed to provide promotion to channels exclusively that are under 10,000 subscribers.

The video title is "Promoting Smaller Channels on YouTube - Give us YOUR Feedback! | "On The Rise" in Explore," and the channel is called "Creator Insider," if you might be interested in checking it out.

Looks to be exciting. I can't wait for it to become a universal feature. I sure as hell could benefit from that!

@Acerthorn - I've merged your thread with this one. :)