Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I find it odd to get rid of the feature already. I mean it may be true that not a lot of people use it but I don't really know how many resources it caused YT to pump into it. Was it really that much of a burden to keep it running? A messaging system seems like something that would have been easy to maintain and allow them to control in-house on their own platform. It would have given them a lot more control. I'll admit I never grew big enough to try the feature but I am sure I would have at some point.
Exactly what I was thinking. Would have been so easy to code.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I kind of wish they would keep some sort of private messaging thing aside from private email accounts, but the current system is kind of annoying. I think I stopped getting notifications about private messages a while back and stopped checking them... :eek: I guess I won't miss it that much since I never really used it.[DOUBLEPOST=1528180168,1528176946][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi @Courtney Candice and @Crown. ^_^

I've merged your threads together because they were discussing the same topic. :) You guys posted the same thread topic just a minute or so apart! :eek: That's kind of cool! :eek:

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I quite liked the fact that I could be sent messages, but I didn't like the way it was set up. I never received notifications, and forgot that the messages tab even existed. When I checked it, I had a couple of pretty important messages to me that had been sitting there for months without me reading them. It just made me look inefficient and disinterested in my viewers.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, the lack of notifications about new private messages made it pretty useless. I also had several important or may be not so important private messages in the inbox, but I've read them too late. I was wondering why Partner Support asked me to add business e-mail to my about page in case they need to contact me, but I didn't add it. Come on, they are YouTube, they can find how to contact me. For serious inquiries people do the effort to find my contact info on my website. For the rest who don't even want to go through the effort to find how to contact me, I guess they will have a hard time after the private messaging is gone.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I quite liked the fact that I could be sent messages, but I didn't like the way it was set up. I never received notifications, and forgot that the messages tab even existed. When I checked it, I had a couple of pretty important messages to me that had been sitting there for months without me reading them. It just made me look inefficient and disinterested in my viewers.
The same thing happened to me except some of my messages ended up being a year old.

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I didn't even took notice of this feature in Creator Studio until now so I guess it's not a big loss haha

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I used to see it used a lot more several years ago, but it's been quite a long time since I got a private message in YouTube. I think the feature is probably outdated at this point, so it's not a huge loss to me.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
On July 9th private messaging through creators studio will be no longer available on YouTube and all private messages will be deleted because not a lot of people use that tool. There will still be other ways to send messages. You can still send messages through your business email and you can still Send private messages by going to the persons channel you want to contact.

I personally never used the private messaging tool in creator studio, some people sent me messages but I never knew they messaged me because I never got a notification or checked my messages In the creators studio.

What’s your opinion will you miss private messaging?
Lots of people don't even check it that often I feel like. I have tried getting ahold of people through it before and they never answer. Those same people though I tried using their business email instead and they still never responded. Its kind of hard to get permission to use something from someone if they never even answer sooooo yeeeah lol

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lots of people don't even check it that often I feel like. I have tried getting ahold of people through it before and they never answer. Those same people though I tried using their business email instead and they still never responded. Its kind of hard to get permission to use something from someone if they never even answer sooooo yeeeah lol
That’s happened to me I tried contacting people through their email and through the messaging system where you go to their channel and it says send a message and I never got any response, I never tried sending it through creator studio, but when other people sent me messages through there I never got notified