YouTube possibly going full on 1984esque automation?

Doom Video Vault

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator
ht tps://vid.me/zuJPp

With the blunders that have happened over the last couple of months, this does concern me, even non-edgy type material are not 100% safe, plus there's no appeal option.

This is a wild guess or speculation based on YouTube's past behavior and changes.

MSgtPorkins

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I had just watched a video released by SomeBlackGuy who was speaking in detail about this very thing. The speculation of 'shadow banning' channels by using algorithms that are in development with known SJW groups are not just against certain political classes but anyone who speaks about the subjects, regardless of the content being made or affiliation with any sort of political group. This will cause mass chaos on all types of videos from vlogs to let's plays. If you even speak about it, you shall be placed in a digital limbo.

OrkoTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ASMR channels are being shadow banned, and considered "Fetish" and even being demonetized.

MSgtPorkins

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
ASMR channels are being shadow banned, and considered "Fetish" and even being demonetized.
That's interesting. I've kind of wondered it if was going to be considered in that light.

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've heard a lot of stories about people getting banned for no reason and I dont have a clear understanding on how far YouTube's systems can detect what goes on in video but judging from the copyright notices from music alone I'd say they can really see everything you do. Hopefully none of us meet that shadow ban fate. Keep it as clean as possible fellas.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive searched ASMR before and was considering starting my own channel. There are definitely some risque channels and can understand them being demonetised.

Reactions: chottom

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Does their TOS cover what can and can't be discussed in full detail? One can only play by the rules if they know what the rules are. I'd hate to be randomly banned for discussing something all of a sudden became the big thing to NOT talk about, if it's not in their TOS. What if an older video discussed something that wasn't a hot button issue then but is suddenly one now?