Youtube partnership

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't really know where to post this, but isn't anyone here afraid that the low bump to become youtube partner. I mean is it really good for youtube if everyone will become youtube partner? I have seen partners with 100 daily views, networks with lower than 100 daily views. I even saw people with alot of youtube accounts to get more money. People make shorter videos and more videos become crappier with the day. Also I think the earnings are going down, because I now see alot of youtube partners sell t-shirts and crap and put that 20 seconds of commercial in their videos to buy a t-shirt. So you will have a 30 second ad, 20 sec ad in the video for t-shirts. It's just not getting fun to watch anymore.

Not all videos are crap and people still put time in their videos. But this is one thing to think about. Is it really a good idea to get all these youtube partners with only 100 daily views? What about quality? and the 100 daily views also have to be for 1 month only. So get 1 awesome video with 3000 views and you're partner.

And I want to hear your oppinion about this.

Sanuku

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It`s true that with the lowered Partnership requirements this Days we might see more YouTube Partner running around but in the longer run I don`t think that anything Major will change since it`s still the Content that makes an YouTube Channel shine and that has nothing to do with being a YouTube Partner or not.
Good old Days

In the past we all have seen Channels growing up, getting successful and sooner or later getting their Partnership Badges but it was still their Content that let them survive in the longer run. I believe that in the upcoming future we might see, because of the lowered Partnership requirements, more and more Channel closed because less and less will have actually the patience to keep focusing on their actual Content and instead will try to earn a quick Buck and then jump onto the next Viral Topic/New Channel and so on and so....
It won`t be easier...

I would even go that far to say that it will be for new Channels even harder to gain their Audience since everyone will believe that they are just some corporate raider and not what we understand nowadays under the term YouTuber. More then ever before it will depend on the Content if an Channel will just stay in the Underground or be able to make it on the Front Page.

...but no one said it would be it!

And even if I might sound like an ******* I don`t believe that someone that has fight for Years for his YouTube Partnership Badges will ever have the same ambition as someone who has got it just donated

Hello I`m new here, where can I earn the most for the less work?

I`m currently missing the incentive, patience and most important the foresight if I take a look at the Forum here and over at YouTube when the most Threads are about which Network should be joined or what Partnership Requirements Network X has while there isn`t even yet an YouTube Channel opened up or someone doesn`t even have the slightest idea what someone will do or where the Channel isn`t even two Days old and didn`t got even one View yet.

Is it greedy to sell a T-Shirt with someone Face/Logo/... on it?
Not really but it becomes I`m getting sick of if someone is reminding me of it 24/7 on every of his Video/Twitter/Facebook/... Message and while I don`t know of which YouTuber JosTheReal is talking about I know a few where you have to wait for ages ( Ads -> T-Shirt Ads -> Trailer ) till you are able to see the actual Content when you load the YouTube Channel and I started to simple ignoring those that do it that Way because someone should at least disable the Ads if he is doing some Advertising for his own Products in my mind.​

Last but not least:

You have to realize one thing about YouTube in the End:

The Bank, in this case YouTube, always wins.

The more Videos get monetized, the more Money YouTube will be able to ship into their Money Bin at the end of the month. Even if only a few of those new Channels that get nowadays a Partnership because of the lowered requirements earn each Month a few Dollar it`s still YouTube who will Profit from it the most so they are definitely not be on the Looser Side.

Good luck to every new YouTube Partner, I hope you will still doing what you do in a few Years.

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Is it greedy to sell a T-Shirt with someone Face/Logo/... on it?

Not really but it becomes I`m getting sick of if someone is reminding me of it 24/7 on every of his Video/Twitter/Facebook/... Message and while I don`t know of which YouTuber JosTheReal is talking about I know a few where you have to wait for ages ( Ads -> T-Shirt Ads -> Trailer ) till you are able to see the actual Content when you load the YouTube Channel and I started to simple ignoring those that do it that Way because someone should at least disable the Ads if he is doing some Advertising for his own Products in my mind.
I completly agree with that bold sentance. Since the requirements went down I constantly get messages from people to watch their 20 second call of duty montage video and I'm asked to place a like and comment. I really hate that.
I'm actually talking about alot of "youtube partners" who start selling t-shirt even when they only have 50 daily views and only do CoD commentary.

I disabled ads for some of my shorter videos, but RPM keeps acivating them. I think ads on a 30 second video is not really neccassary.

And yes youtube always gets the most money, I use the money I earn from youtube for new projects and giveaways, but there are people who live from that money. I think when everyone becomes a partner the earnings go down for the click per ad. Because on all youtube videos the same ad is showing and maybe THAN the people who live from youtube money are getting into problem if they don't make videos more often and/or didn't had a good saving.