YouTube Partnership - Pros & Cons

IPC

WUB WUB WUB
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Advantages:

1. Proprietary Rights Over Uploaded Content

YouTube Partners own the copyrights & distribution rights to ALL of their own uploaded videos without exception. If you upload a video and are not a partner,YouTube has the right to manage and disseminate that video within youtube.com as they see fit.

2. Ad Revenue Sharing Makes You Money

The advertising revenue that is generated on your webpage is divided between the AdSense publisher, YouTube, and the YouTube partner providing the video content. Revenue is generally contingent on how many people click-through on your online ads (PPC) and how many people view your video (CPM). PPC means pay-per-click and CPM is a flat rate of $20 per 1,000 views of the featured video. With new features constantly being added such as overlay ads, this is a great opportunity to make some extra cash.

3. Greater exposure

Becoming a partner puts your video at the VERY TOP of video searches.Content will be delivered to the largest worldwide online video community viaYouTube and its syndication partners without any restrictions.

4. Skintillating Page Customization

Youtube Partners can customize their YouTube pages with skins. Concordia University matched its skin to its school colors. Businesses who are YouTube Partners can tailor skins to align with their brand for awareness and recognition.Youtube Partners are afforded greater inclusion and control over their content when compared with non-partners.

5. Additional Bonuses and Features

As a partner, the “Related Videos” section will be replaced by the “More From” section. The “More From” section will feature only thumbnail links to YOUR videos.

Disadvantages:

6. Must Have Original Content

YouTube Partners’ content MUST be original or have the explicit permission of the person who did create the content to include it in your video and monetize it. Partners must own the copyrights and distribution rights for all audio and video content that you upload to YouTube with no exceptions.

7. Language and Location Restrictions

Due to its relatively new creation, the only residents who may become YouTube Partners are content producers who live in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States. We might recommend applying for a partnership anyway, but if you want to disseminate material primarily in Mexico, this may not be the right time to join.

8. Rule Restriction Red Tape

YouTube has a vast amount of rules that need to be adhered to so that your partnership can maintain a good standing. The amount of rules restricts some aspects of what you can do in terms of optimization and design on your page. Some examples include:

a.) Partners may not direct user attention to the ads via arrows or other graphical gimmicks.

b.) Partners may not place misleading images alongside individual ads.

So? Is it worth it???

It’s hard to say. YouTube Partners must sign a confidentiality document precluding them from talking about revenue generated as a partner, so publishing reliable numbers is technically a breach of contract. Though there are both positives and negatives to becoming a YouTube Partner, if you have the time, a substantial audience base and popular videos, I myself being a YouTube partner would definitely recommend applying so you can build your audience base and make some extra income.

LazloCook

Action/VFX Videos!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Who are you partnered with?

IPC

WUB WUB WUB
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
There is nothing negative about making money doing what you enjoy anyway...
There still is cons .. Clearly in the end I said "I still recommend it if you enjoy what you're doing"

SaKenMadRaj

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
There still is cons .. Clearly in the end I said "I still recommend it if you enjoy what you're doing"
nope.. no cons... following the rules.. is not a con...

If you were forced to do videos.. that would be a con.. if you had to name one of your kids youtube.. that would be a con... honestly .. youtube never had to start paying folks in the first place... people were uploading videos long before youtube started monetizing videos and were happy to do it.. its a great site.. and you can make money.. win win win.. To me adsense has way more cons than partnering with a network.. primarily because they don't deal directly with you when you have a problem and it takes forever to get the simplest things done...