YouTube partner Vs. Network

JayWash124

Whoop Whoop
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do you guys think? If you were hoping to use youtube as a career, would you go with a Youtube Partnership or a network Partnership?

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What do you guys think? If you were hoping to use youtube as a career, would you go with a Youtube Partnership or a network Partnership?
Well I think it's not going to happen for many of us :p The only Youtube partners who can have it as career have been doing youtube for years and have a very large fan base and are partner with youtube itself or Machinima.
With all the people today wanting to be just like them, the chance to make youtube your career is very small. It's possible, but you need to have alot of time, editing skill, charisma and people skills.

Unknown_user0001

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If you get clickbombed with a network nothing really happens but if you got clickbombed with YouTube partnership you can still get banned. There are less risks with networks

Gus Monkeyton

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Hey, I've been thinking about this recently. I've had ups and downs here on YouTube, taking two leaves of absence from the site, one for 9 or 10 months haha

I've been a YouTube Partner since late 2010 or so, and last week a network contacted me to join them etc. They were affiliated with BroadbandTV.
As I said in other threads, they wanted a 60/40 split and a 5 year contract. Which is crazy. 1-2 years is more reasonable.

Overall, I wonder if a network is the only way to go these days? Well, aside from hard work and luck... but honestly, I've worked like crazy to try and do this YouTube gig off and on for almost 3 years. I love making videos, entertaining, informing and interacting, but yeah, I'd like to get somewhere and have it finally pay off.

It seems YouTube is pushing things to the network model. Perhaps, at some point I'll go with a network. I'm not sure really.
I just think you should keep making content you enjoy and are proud of and build some momentum. Then see what networks are out there.

Here are a couple articles that really helped me out. :)
http://www.rocketjump.com/blog/the-secrets-of-youtube-success-updated

http://www.rocketjump.com/blog/youtube-networks-7-things-you-need-to-know