YouTube or NicheTube

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Wazzzzzz up everyone =)

Just wondering if you guys pick a niche and ONLY stick with it on your channel because i usually do vlog type videos but also had gameplay and cooking videos and challenges and other type's of videos on a playlist.

There was a time when i first started and i didn't know if i should make a separate channel for cooking, games, vlogs and other type niches so i decided to just use my channel GooberVogs and just put my cooking in a separate playlist and gameplay and the same goes with everything else. Do you guys do the same thing just put other type of videos in a playlist or do you guys try to make a different channel? I have 2 channels one that i mention before and one my for my new puppy lol don't judge ;) I have seen big YouTubers make different channel for this a different channel for that and i know it's prob cause they do Youtube full time and more is better when you have a huge following but as a newbie is it best to just upload whatever you want and just put different topics in a playlist? Sorry this is long i should have just done a video on it lol Thanks guys

JTMulcahy

Actor
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Animator
I feel the same way at this moment. For Halloween I generally post a video of me playing a horror game and this year the video seemed to get a bit of interest from, so I'm not sure if I should make a separate gaming channel or post gaming vids with vlogs/the normal nonsense I post.

I'm leaning towards creating a separate playlist on my regular channel though.

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I feel the same way at this moment. For Halloween I generally post a video of me playing a horror game and this year the video seemed to get a bit of interest from, so I'm not sure if I should make a separate gaming channel or post gaming vids with vlogs/the normal nonsense I post.

I'm leaning towards creating a separate playlist on my regular channel though.
I would just create a playlist, pewdiepie only has one channel so i guess it don't matter i guess

Kaleido

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to have a bit more variety but I ended up unlisting a lot of those videos after I got feedback about how the goal of my channel wasn't clear at all. So I'm getting more niche now, for sure.

mercmonster

Asia's Redheaded Step-Child
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Good topic! I think that it's always nice to hone in on a specific thing or style. For example, we originally started with just street interviews, then slowly started branching out. Now we primarily do pranks and the like, but I feel like street interviews and any sort of video involving the public, isn't too far of a stretch and our audience wouldn't mind. If I suddenly stopped doing pranks though, and, for example, only did gaming videos, then that might be a problem.

Reactions: Michael Lunatic

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
y
Good topic! I think that it's always nice to hone in on a specific thing or style. For example, we originally started with just street interviews, then slowly started branching out. Now we primarily do pranks and the like, but I feel like street interviews and any sort of video involving the public, isn't too far of a stretch and our audience wouldn't mind. If I suddenly stopped doing pranks though, and, for example, only did gaming videos, then that might be a problem.
Yeah i have been stuck on this topic for awhile, I like games but feel like there are WAY too many gaming channels and i like to be on camera Ha! so i decided to just stick with vlogs

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I do a bit of both.

My main channel has three specific niches:

1. Hypnosis videos
2. Brainwave Entrainment videos
3. Experimental Ambient Music videos.

I have several playlists; one showcases my most viewed videos, one has videos specifically for teaching people how to use and go into hypnosis; another with hypnosis sessions to solve specific issues; yet another is pure Brainwave Entrainment, and there are two for my music. All long-running videos end up on my main channel; some of the shorter form music has sub-niches (specific creation or production types), and those niches each have a channel of their own. There is a pure Brainwave Entrainment channel on another account, and I also have an entirely different account I share with a "sister hypnotist", and we collaborate there doing dual-voice hypnosis.

In fact, my forum avatar is also the YouTube avatar of the collaboration channel.

Last edited:

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
A very broad niche - Life in Japan, kids, Japan travel and so on so basically no real niche and this is bad.
In general single niche or at least channels with a very clear main niche outperform multi niche 'or not well defined main niche) channels. And they do this by huge margin!

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
A very broad niche - Life in Japan, kids, Japan travel and so on so basically no real niche and this is bad.
In general single niche or at least channels with a very clear main niche outperform multi niche 'or not well defined main niche) channels. And they do this by huge margin!
You're not doing bad there man...8K plus, and in only 4 years! Not everyone can light their channel up like a skyrocket...just keep growing it as you can.

Reactions: chottom

Michael Lunatic

Cosplay Videos|Comedy|Unboxings
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
When I first started my channel 6 months ago I didn't really know what I was aiming for. All I had going for me was a few random video's and a few visual impressions of various appliances that I first did 15 years ago. If you watch my channel intro video, you may get an idea. I wanted to do Vlogs, reviews, opinions, comedy, pranks and everything else lol.
Well I tried the Vlogs and the Stand-up Comedy, 2 of each and never felt fully comfortable with them. So they went and was put in the experience box.

Now I have a bit more experience and better equipment I've started finding my 4 main niches:
1: Visual Impressions.
2: Spontaneous WTF Moments.
3: Deadpool Cosplayer and Uk Comic-Cons.
4: Drink influenced parties with my friends.

Starting next year I'll be attending more UK Comic-Cons dressed as Deadpool and am really looking forward to it.