YouTube offered me a personal counseling session but I hesitate doing it

nad

Posting Mad!
5 weeks ago YouTube wrote to me an E-Mail, that they offer me a personal counseling session. I didn't respond to it but no they sent me a reminder about it and I think about it again.
I so far hesitated to accept the offer.
1. I already read pretty much every YouTube Help page. Do you think they will tell me other things than what I can read there?
2. I don't know what to talk about with them. Like...I don't have any questions.
3. I don't like talking to strangers :p In fact, I stutter, what can make it slightly awkward to talk to strangers when they don't know why I don't speak fluently.

What are your thoughts on it? Any other reasons why it could be valuable for me to accept the offer? As I said, it's for me quite a challenge to talk to strangers on the phone so I really need a reason to do so :p

They didn't specify what it was about? If you had broken a rule or if you needed some help with something?

They didn't specify what it was about? If you had broken a rule or if you needed some help with something?
No, they said something like "in the past months your channel grew significantly and you keep gaining subscribers. I want to support you, to make your channel even better."
Guess it's a standard email they sent to all channels eligible for it.

As long as it's a legit email from YT. I've seen a few emails like this before that were from Networks whom just wanted to milk you dry from all of your success.

What are your thoughts on it? Any other reasons why it could be valuable for me to accept the offer? As I said, it's for me quite a challenge to talk to strangers on the phone so I really need a reason to do so :p

I've had a few of these sessions. Their advice isn't anything revolutionary but I definitely recommend you do it because you will get the name and email address of a real YouTube employee. That could be very valuable in the future. These people consult for other big channels & maybe they know what someone else in your niche is doing to grow. My partner manager also consults for a very very big channel and he was able to draw on his experience to help me. You have nothing to lose. ^^

I've had a few of these sessions. Their advice isn't anything revolutionary but I definitely recommend you do it because you will get the name and email address of a real YouTube employee. That could be very valuable in the future. These people consult for other big channels & maybe they know what someone else in your niche is doing to grow. My partner manager also consults for a very very big channel and he was able to draw on his experience to help me. You have nothing to lose. ^^
The partner manager is certainly a valid point. Can be helpful when getting into troubles.

5 weeks ago YouTube wrote to me an E-Mail, that they offer me a personal counseling session. I didn't respond to it but no they sent me a reminder about it and I think about it again.
I so far hesitated to accept the offer.
1. I already read pretty much every YouTube Help page. Do you think they will tell me other things than what I can read there?
2. I don't know what to talk about with them. Like...I don't have any questions.
3. I don't like talking to strangers :p In fact, I stutter, what can make it slightly awkward to talk to strangers when they don't know why I don't speak fluently.

Go for it, nothing to lose as Crown said!
I'm still waiting for my notification (you're supposed to get it after 10.000 subscribers)...

Back