Youtube - No more personalized ads in "Kids Channels" effective on January, 2020

Cyberpaul

Reaction score
This is regarding the recent announcement of Youtube regarding all KIDS content

From FTC:

Youtube's Twitter thread about the topic:

LA Times Article:

This is really big news and applies to both small and big channels effective on January, 2020... Channels that are involve with:

* Children or children’s characters.
* Popular children’s programming or animated characters.
* Play-acting, or stories using children’s toys.
* Child protagonists engaging in common natural play patterns such as play-acting and/or imaginative play.
* Popular children’s songs, stories or poems.

What are your thoughts? opinions? and alternative plans maybe?

Revenues of channels will drop down significantly, my guess is around 70-95% (Since most ads in Youtube are personalized). At Youtube Kids, revenue is basically non-existent.

- Paul
A kid channel creator

----------------------
I believe this topic is different from the thread "Massive Drops in Views on Kids Channels"

Last edited:
Reactions: markkaz

Dario

I've Got It
Reaction score
ohh.... my.... god.... this is insane... i cant imagine how those people who makes content for kids are feeling right now... imagine, they must have family, career, debts... thats insanely crazy, lots of people live from Youtube, now it will be gone!! crazy

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
can they send more traffic and non targeted ads to balance the void? How will big brands advertise toys and food targeted towards children. They will have to order more non targeted ads?

Reactions: markkaz

Eddggoo

Reaction score
my wife and I started a toy channel june 2016 we got to 269000 subs and 149 million views as of aug 2019 , about 3 weeks before the announcement by YT my channel just all of a sudden stopped getting views , now my views are off by 95 % ! ( we were SHADOW BANNED ) not sure how to shift my channel to be not for kids so we are stuck and have to make a new channel , it took 1 year to make money not sure if we are willing to go thru the pain again .

moshi

Reaction score
So many lives ruined because dumb parents can't feed their children Youtube Kids. Those lunatics at COPPA want to ruin the internet because of bad parenting. They even want to lock Youtube as a whole and only allow you to log in if you have an account. This is what the fat b*tch in the FTC workshop proposed. The slob can't even take care of herself and she pretends she can take care of other people's children.