YouTube no longer allow monetizing channels under 10,000 views??

Kesler's Dad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
After thinking about it some more over the last few days, I wouldn't mind if they upped it to 50k or even 100k views because it's totally worth it to disincentivize those who aren't in it for the right reasons. Using myself as a prime example, if I never hit that hypothetical threshold, I'll still be making videos because I got a taste for it now and it's way too much fun and serves multiple purposes.

Reactions: User_78298

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Does this count if you have a channel that has over 10k views, and then you make another channel on the same account?

ShawnMcCallum

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is anyone really upset about this? I now how 20,000 views and still haven't monetized a single video. Why subject a growing viewership to ads for the dollar you might make in a month when you can try and grow more organically? I plan to only introduce ads when I hit around 1000 subscribers.
Currently only at (169).

Anyone agree?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Honestly, if you are in YouTube for the fun of it and to share what you love to do then as long as you reach the threshold at some point it shouldn't be a big issue.

Reactions: Mila from Ukraine

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
After thinking about it some more over the last few days, I wouldn't mind if they upped it to 50k or even 100k views because it's totally worth it to disincentivize those who aren't in it for the right reasons. Using myself as a prime example, if I never hit that hypothetical threshold, I'll still be making videos because I got a taste for it now and it's way too much fun and serves multiple purposes.
100k would be great. A typical youtuber would miss around $100 so its neglible. Oh and we have 2k views.

Kesler's Dad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
100k would be great. A typical youtuber would miss around $100 so its neglible. Oh and we have 2k views.
Exactly! What's $100 if it's going to improve the community long-term? I'm sure advertisers would get excited at the thought of this enhanced vetting and jump back in with both feet. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if YT made that jump eventually to a much larger view count and just started at 10k to soften the shock for creators.

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
I am lucky enough to have enough views, but in particularly I don't really care about my sake right now. I do feel bad for the people who depend on this. But I have a question... 10k views doesn't really give you enough money to begin with, so why is there such a fuss?

Sam Bentley

Reaction score
with 10k views, right now you're making less than $1 - so whoever starts with youtube and plans to make money with adsense, you should not even bother...

World's Greatest

Reaction score
Just to be fair:

In my analytic's last 28 days, 8K views showed $24. Of course it's not correct yet, since days before April 1st were included. In another of my channel which hasn't reached 10K views yet, it was making roughly $1/100 (slightly above 100) views before the advertiser fiasco. I also had another two channels which were making $5/month. So, I think (especially in undeveloped countries) people have multiple accounts. Also, remember in those countries, there aren't many jobs. Youtubing may be their only source of income.

Checking my analytic's last few days of my main channel, it shows ~300 views = $1. It's probably because I am in a weird niche plus there aren't any other competition. Also, my contents are extremely ads friendly (I read that YT gave advertisers more control). Just looking at the title, the advertisers will have nothing to worry about.

DefiantElias

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it is a great idea because, as others have already said, it deters others that just want to copy other people's work. I am nowhere near that level yet, so it doesn't bother me at all.