YouTube no longer allow monetizing channels under 10,000 views??

portiz

Photoshop Freak
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
its hard but you only need one good video to explode and get notice..

Franklin

Yugituber
Reaction score
Website
awesomecardgames.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wished Youtube had a standard on video length. Some channels post videos for less than a minute and the ads are longer than their videos. I think you should be allowed to upload short videos. However, extremely short videos should not be allowed to have ads.

ArtesVives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I believe it to tbe true ,I've seen the same report in many reputable publications.
My question is...will this be for new channels or will they start deleting old channels with few views? Mine is pretty old but only started posting videos regularly 2-3(4 at most) weeks ago..then I saw those news.

Also...when does this start?

RGR29

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This really affecting to all smallest youtube channels like my, lol sometime we don't get thats much views

MildlyIT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think it's a pretty good policy, considering that making videos on YT has 0 barrier of entry. Which, from a user perspective is really great, but from a business perspective (and YT is first and foremost a business) it makes better sense to give ads to videos that have distinguished themselves from a popup site that's gone the next day. Just my 2 cents.

Linkopotamus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, I suppose this isn't such a bad thing anyway. When you're that small of a channel you really aren't getting views anyway so no one should be upset about it. My channel is very new and only averages maybe 5 views per video, so I don't feel as if I'm missing out on making any money. At this point money isn't even a thought to me, it's more about finding my groove and learning how to create quality videos. Which is something people should learn to do before trying to earn money on their content anyway. Also.. I don't think anyone is going to want to watch an ad on an amateur video anyhow.

Top 10

Reaction score
10000 Views in kinda hard for the new youtubers

Spectre677

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
10000 Views in kinda hard for the new youtubers
Top 10 anything worth doing isn't done quickly or easily and 10k views will earn you almost no money at all you would need 10's maybe hundreds of thousands of views weekly to see any decent money and it does shut down the sub 4 sub'ers a bit with their garbage channels.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
One thing I am curious about is whether or not they will still feature new channels under 10k views when they are not earning anything for them, it seems that YouTube has little incentive to promote content that isn't monetised so I am very curious over how that is working right now with new channels. I have always been under the impression that YT doesn't promote unmonetised content because they gain very little from it.

(Not read whole thread apologies if this has been discussed earlier in it)

@derraleves what are your thoughts on this, would be great to hear your input if you are still around here :)

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
WAIT? 10k on channel or 10k per video???