YouTube New View Counter?

JayZippo

I've Got It
I just posted a video, and I went in to do some edits to the Description and it said that my video did not have a view.

I listen to my video 1-2 times before I actually send it live, so I have 2-3 views before hand. It has done this for over 2 years.

It's not a big deal, but did they roll out a change without letting us know or am I missing some update they announced? YT is notoriously horrible with PR, so its not a surprise, but I just wanted to see if this was something new or a glitch they are having.

I am guessing it is a glitch. I have 4 likes and 3 views LOL. Anyone have info on this?

Thanks!

Last edited:
if you are reffering to S04 EP38 of yours,
it currently shows 3 views and 4 likes to me as a viewer.
So I guess it is delayed counts from the system.
Perhaps also they do not count self views,
for example my daughter watch over and over
my channel but no significant views count appear.

if you are reffering to S04 EP38 of yours,
it currently shows 3 views and 4 likes to me as a viewer.
So I guess it is delayed counts from the system.
Perhaps also they do not count self views,
for example my daughter watch over and over
my channel but no significant views count appear.

It always has counted, self views. Every single one of my videos probably has 2-3 extra views from me looking it over and making sure I didnt screw anything up.

Appreciate the response, I was just curious... it really is not a big deal. Just wondering if its a system glitch or something new they were doing.

It'd be great to reach the point one day when I don't even notice if a view goes missing, haha. *knock on wood*

Moved to the YouTube main forum.

The way YouTube counts views is explained here ->

This must of been just implemented... But I am glad there is actual information behind it and not some random update they did.

Thank you!

I posted a video again and it showed my 2 views before I published it. I have no idea what was going on LOL.

I dont mean to bump a thread, but they are back at it.

Yesterday I posted a video. By noon I still had ZERO views but 5 likes. Huh? 5 likes and zero views for 4 hours?!?

Today for my video I have zero views and 2 likes in 1 1/2 hours.

Are they having issues with this? Are they trying something out? Just curious.

I get that as well. My views may not update for hours, but it seems "likes" are in real time. But with all the changes, who knows.

Back