YouTube Network's | Everything You Need To know!

OwenBennett

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Alright, so im constantly getting questions about YouTube networks etc which is best how do i know. Im going to explain in this thread

Networks & partnerships are all developed from what is known in YouTube as a 'CMS' (Content Management System) This is used to give people who are under an MCN YouTube partner features and the automatic video claim ID code on their video's.

Not everyone has access to this as its hard to get and you have to have an official company and all that good stuff. So they go as a VN under an MCN. This means that you distribute the partnerships from the MCN and are responsible for managing the channels under your CMS or the database that the MCN has made for you & any issues the partner has. For this you get 10% of the partners revenue.

Networks arent easy. If your 13 and wanting to setup a network here are some tips.
1. Wait until you have a decent knowledge of YouTube & copyright.
2. Its not a clan, dont rival other networks, it makes you look bad and can affect it
3. Its ultimately a business. Its a long term commitment and as i've experienced will take up a great portion of your life!
4. Dont start it in school! I have done it and its effected my grades. So i would recommend doing it outside of school unless your just a hard worker.

Networks payments are higher than YouTube Adsense! Because they have higher paying ads from there specially made ad-sales team! People get mistaken. But going with a network in the long run is alot more beneficial than just YouTube.

Network's also run of RevShare. So if your a VN you would have the following share. Money is generated from ads on your videos. That money is sent to YouTube After 2 months & YouTube take 45% Then forward the rest to the network or MCN. The MCN then takes there percentage (e.g 80%) Then they forward 10% or whatever the VN has agreed between the MCN & The VN Then the remaining 70% is forwarded to the partner.

Respect Networks. The owners may seem boring and 'Fake' But really they do alot of work every day and people underestimate this.

Hope this thread helped and leave a Like if it did!

Hope to see you all soon!

Owen - 3 Years Networking experience with major network's

AustinAdvice

I've Got It
Reaction score
Alright, so im constantly getting questions about YouTube networks etc which is best how do i know. Im going to explain in this thread

Networks & partnerships are all developed from what is known in YouTube as a 'CMS' (Content Management System) This is used to give people who are under an MCN YouTube partner features and the automatic video claim ID code on their video's.

Not everyone has access to this as its hard to get and you have to have an official company and all that good stuff. So they go as a VN under an MCN. This means that you distribute the partnerships from the MCN and are responsible for managing the channels under your CMS or the database that the MCN has made for you & any issues the partner has. For this you get 10% of the partners revenue.

Networks arent easy. If your 13 and wanting to setup a network here are some tips.
1. Wait until you have a decent knowledge of YouTube & copyright.
2. Its not a clan, dont rival other networks, it makes you look bad and can affect it
3. Its ultimately a business. Its a long term commitment and as i've experienced will take up a great portion of your life!
4. Dont start it in school! I have done it and its effected my grades. So i would recommend doing it outside of school unless your just a hard worker.

Networks payments are higher than YouTube Adsense! Because they have higher paying ads from there specially made ad-sales team! People get mistaken. But going with a network in the long run is alot more beneficial than just YouTube.

Network's also run of RevShare. So if your a VN you would have the following share. Money is generated from ads on your videos. That money is sent to YouTube After 2 months & YouTube take 45% Then forward the rest to the network or MCN. The MCN then takes there percentage (e.g 80%) Then they forward 10% or whatever the VN has agreed between the MCN & The VN Then the remaining 70% is forwarded to the partner.

Respect Networks. The owners may seem boring and 'Fake' But really they do alot of work every day and people underestimate this.

Hope this thread helped and leave a Like if it did!

Hope to see you all soon!

Owen - 3 Years Networking experience with major network's
There is a few incorrect points here, please re-edit it.An example being 'Networks payments are higher than YouTube Adsense!' which is indeed false. Although some networks increase earnings, some also do not.

Reactions: Flammy

OwenBennett

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is a few incorrect points here, please re-edit it.An example being 'Networks payments are higher than YouTube Adsense!' which is indeed false. Although some networks increase earnings, some also do not.
Depends who you go with, however any network CEO I've talked to has claimed to have better earnings than adsense. I know for definate my network does.