YouTube names

OndaWire

Make me Happy & Follow me to get the REAL on tech
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi all, quick question. When Google + disappears will everyone's YouTube name go away? I know a lot of people who created their YouTube channel and name was put in through Google+. Thoughts?

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well, I hád to go through Google+ to change my name. I imagine that they just disconnect the two and add a function to change your username through Youtube itself. Can't imagine everyone suddenly losing their username n.n"

Reactions: OndaWire and tahlia

maddie darrah

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@DutchieAbroad I totally agree! It would be chaos if it were to simply be gone. WAY too much hassle, I'd assume they'd find some sort of way to hold the current but create a new system for future changes?

Reactions: OndaWire

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As much as I would love to see Pewdiepie lose his name so I could snatch it up real quick and have his confused fans all flock to my channel thinking that he'd switched accounts, something tells me that @DutchieAbroad is probably on to something with the whole 'disconnect' theory - I don't think Google is going to kill everyone's identities when they kill Google+ haha

Reactions: OndaWire

BlandMark

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I want to change my YouTube account name but I'm not technically gifted. When will Google +end? I have not heard about this. Will it be easier to change my account name if/when this does happen?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I certainly hope Google has thought the process out. :eek: Their coding engineers are smart, so I think they will figure out how to keep everyone's usernames safe. :)

OndaWire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
@BlandMark Google+ will be shut down permanently in April.[DOUBLEPOST=1550075764,1550075682][/DOUBLEPOST]I "hopefully" agree you all. I had to get my name through Google+ as well but I have stopped posting to Google+.[DOUBLEPOST=1550075848][/DOUBLEPOST]It looks like YTTalk needs to update their page too because at the bottom of this page it says "Share this page" to Google+. lol

BlandMark

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi. While on the topic wanting to change my username, what is the easiest way to do this? And will it affect my subscribers or anything like that?

OndaWire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
In my opinion I don't think it will change your current subscriber as long as you let them all know you are changing the channel name.

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi. While on the topic wanting to change my username, what is the easiest way to do this? And will it affect my subscribers or anything like that?
You change it through Google+, which is Google's version of Facebook. You just have to go to your channel, and then try to change your pfp, which will direct you to the page it is on. Close the prompt to change your pfp, and then change your name through there. There are also plenty of tutorials on YouTube from back when Google+ was just implemented.