YouTube Music Policies Artist/Song Copyright Search Not Working

EdwardJC

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting into doing more cover song videos. I only learned about the /music_policies page recently that shows the copyright restrictions for all songs.

When I used the search function before, I was able to find any artist and song I looked up.

Since a day or two ago, almost all search keywords return 0 results. This includes searches for artists such as "Imagine Dragons", "Coldplay", "DJ Snake", "Barbra Streisand", "Led Zeppelin", and on and on... song titles like "Imagine", "Hey Jude", "Despacito", etc. This is also true of single-word keyword searches where I type one word of a very popular song - no results.

Other searches bring up random results. For example, I searched for "Louis" expecting to get results for Louis Armstrong songs. Of the first 100 results, only 1 was a Louis Armstrong song, and the rest didn't have "Louis" anywhere in the artist or song title.

Is anyone else having issues with searches, or have you before? I'm hoping it's just a temporary glitch.

Looking forward to any feedback/advice. Thanks!

Nucky

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Tried different browsers including Chrome and Explorer. I also tried it on my phone, and had some friends try to search for songs on their pc's. All experiencing the same issues. Hopefully it will get fixed soon!

EdwardJC

Reaction score
Didn't realize it was such a widespread problem. I checked with YT partner support before posting here. They got back to me quickly but unfortunately didn't have any explanation, and didn't indicate that anyone else was having the same issue. The representative said it was "odd to see those search results" and would pass the information on to their product teams in order to make product improvements and troubleshoot any technical issues.

Hoping for a quick fix too! In the meantime, I guess we just stick to covering songs that show up in the search area.

jeff film

Reaction score
Just adding to this thread, very frustrating. last night it worked for about 30 minutes, now back to nothing again.

EdwardJC

Reaction score
Hope it starts working again. It's been a long time to wait.