YouTube Monetization Quesiton

YabBoyMercy

Reaction score
Do you get any revenue from a video that lost its monetization? I uploaded some videos yesterday that got a good amount of views and sometime today when I checked them they said 'Not Eligible for Monetization' Do I still get the money it earned from before that happened from the ads shown or does it not count now? (The videos are still up, just can't monetize those ones.)
They even keep going from monetized to not eligible randomly

(If this is the wrong section please move it to the correct one.)

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No, you wont get the money.[DOUBLEPOST=1482253130,1482253096][/DOUBLEPOST]The reason why they keep getting un-monetizated could be because your content might not be ad-friendly.

YabBoyMercy

Reaction score
No, you wont get the money.[DOUBLEPOST=1482253130,1482253096][/DOUBLEPOST]The reason why they keep getting un-monetizated could be because your content might not be ad-friendly.

Yeah I figured as much for that. Its just odd that it keeps doing it with me doing nothing.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I figured as much for that. Its just odd that it keeps doing it with me doing nothing.
Why would you think that's odd, lol. Just like how copyright has automatic systems in place so does monetization. Advertisers can flag you, the system itself can flag you and so on. If your title/thumbnail or tags contain something that triggers the system they cut the cord on it.

I had one game video that got automatically shut down by the system even though it had virtually nothing bad on it, but it had 1 smutty tag which they considered bad enough, took it off and after a while the video was monetized again.

Reactions: Skeltano

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What would make a video not ad-friendly?
Well with the new changes YouTube it's hard to tell exactly because it seems to differ for every YouTubers, vulgar titles, thumbnails, innapropriate images,etc

Why would you think that's odd, lol. Just like how copyright has automatic systems in place so does monetization. Advertisers can flag you, the system itself can flag you and so on. If your title/thumbnail or tags contain something that triggers the system they cut the cord on it.

I had one game video that got automatically shut down by the system even though it had virtually nothing bad on it, but it had 1 smutty tag which they considered bad enough, took it off and after a while the video was monetized again.
Yeah, sometimes they notify you about it, sometimes they don't, if they do, it's usually by e-mail though, if you think any of your content is non-ad-friendly you can always change the title/tags/thumbnail.

Reactions: Shawn Gossman

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What would make a video not ad-friendly?
It varies, but some news channels on YT have talked about it;
Roughly...
p**n, suicide, murder and other "controversial" topics are fairly high up on the list.

Reactions: Shawn Gossman

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the monetization forum. :)

YabBoyMercy

Reaction score

Odd in the fact that the video it happened to (just that one) will say not eligible one second, the next it'll be monitized again without me even changing settings, the video, ect.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It might be nothing wrong with the video itself, but it might be the tagging that gets it, that some some tags that are sensitive and will ruin the monetisation.