Youtube, Monetization, and Clothing?

GrieverXVII

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys,

I just need a quick explanation on the subject here, If i'm making videos and they're monetized, Can I wear things like american eagle t-shirts or a puma hat and still monetize?

I know there's an option to click "paid product placement" but it's not like i'm being paid by american eagle to advertise or create a segment in my video to sponsor or sell their products? It's just the clothes that I own and don't intend on advertising them for my videos, I just use them as casual clothing I wear every day.

what is the rules behind all of this, and of course with monetization in mind. Thanks!

LyfeWithDragons

Mother of Dragons...Wait...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You're just wearing clothes. It's not like you are trying to advertise for them.

GrieverXVII

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You're just wearing clothes. It's not like you are trying to advertise for them.
that's kind of what I figured, I just recall seeing in some other youtube videos of more popular youtubers where they actually put black tape over or cover up any branding or logos on their clothing. I'm just looking for some clarification on the matter. Because yea, I'm not directly advertising for them, I'm not being paid by them to advertise their products, I'm just wearing clothing i've purchased.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Personally I'd wear non-branded stuff to avoid any potential issues (I don't think they can claim copyright due to a logo), some of which can include people thinking that you're paid to wear them. I'd also not want to display branded clothing unless they sponsored me lol Why give them free publicity?

GrieverXVII

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Personally I'd wear non-branded stuff to avoid any potential issues (I don't think they can claim copyright due to a logo), some of which can include people thinking that you're paid to wear them. I'd also not want to display branded clothing unless they sponsored me lol Why give them free publicity?
this also makes a lot of sense, and definitely something i've pondered myself. I have these american eagle t-shirts, that are very plain and singular colored. the only logo on it is a super small eagle engraved on the left nipple area lol, and it typically is the same color as the shirt so it's practically invisible. Nothing I wear in my videos will have huge branding logo's on the front of the shirt.

Gammadile

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You're good to go. It's mostly sound/music and visuals (like animation) that might get taken down.