YouTube Monetization alternatives / looking for advice

-_Blank_-

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

To be frank, I own a YT channel that has somewhere between 70,000 to 150,000 subscribers + a good amount of daily views and around 8-30K views per video. However, my channel is based around copyrighted music (the translation of it anyway) and I am the one who does said translations on my own. As you may know, copyrighted music is flagged and generally monetized by the YouTube claimant system where ads are placed and as long as you dont dispute anything, you don't get a strike. However, I was looking over my channel and thinking about ways to get compensated for my some odd years of translating music. I am not looking to bank thousands of dollars, just a way to get a stead income that can help support me on the side. I was looking into opening up a Patreon but I just don't see how it will work out / be successful in my case. Everything I can think about pitching borders along the lines of "help support me each month and you will get translated music videos from my channel", which can obviously be viewed for free on any other channel on YouTube.

I was also looking into opening up a second channel that could be about doing speedarts of things related to what I upload on my main channel but that doesn't quite appeal to me. I would rather have the solution revolve around my main channel as I like to reply / review comments and it already takes quite a bit of time to do so.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I wouldn´t recommend opening a second channel for monetization.
Some things almost everybody can do :
Amazon Affiliate Links
Merchandise
PayPal donations (although that will always leave a bitter taste)
Patreon

You will be surprised on how many think of Patreon as a great way to support Youtubers, to "give back".
If a lot of people that are a bit older (20+) you could make some dollars through Patreon.
Otherwise you will probably have to live the fact that you won´t make any money through your youtube.