YouTube moderators must sign a document accepting the job could cause PTSD

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Content moderators for YouTube are being ordered to sign a document acknowledging that performing the job can cause post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), according to interviews with employees and documents obtained by The Verge. Accenture, which operates a moderation site for YouTube in Austin, Texas, distributed the document to workers on December 20th — four days after The Verge published an investigation into PTSD among workers at the facility.

“I understand the content I will be reviewing may be disturbing,” reads the document, which is titled “Acknowledgement” and was distributed to employees using DocuSign. “It is possible that reviewing such content may impact my mental health, and it could even lead to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). I will take full advantage of the weCare program and seek additional mental health services if needed. I will tell my supervisor/or my HR People Adviser if I believe that the work is negatively affecting my mental health.”

The PTSD statement comes at the end of the two-page acknowledgment form, and it is surrounded by a thick black border to signify its importance. It may be the most explicit acknowledgment yet from a content moderation company that the job now being done by tens of thousands of people around the world can come with severe mental health consequences.

Source and full article: https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/24/21075830/youtube-moderators-ptsd-accenture-statement-lawsuits-mental-health

I guess at the beginning, people think it'd be cool to be paid to watch Youtube videos all day but I bet it gets brutal after just a few days. Thoughts ? Could you do that job?

• Haha
Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
8 hours straight of Cocomelon of Little baby Bum will send even the most hardened dude to the nut house. They'll be dribbling the Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round as they're dragged into their padded room.

Reactions: Rhody Seth