YouTube MCN sign in bonus for 500k channel

chrisdan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello guys!

I'm about to sign to a 500k subscribers music channel to an MCN.
Do you think I can get some sign up bonus from the MCNs? Which MCN should I choose?

Thank you!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not sure you should take advice from the nice man above?
To be honest there are very few creators here that I know of that have over 500k subs so dont think you will get a response.
If you feel a MCN is really worth giving part of your own profits to every month then you should contact them and ask.
From the small amount of info I have read the MCNs do appear to be negotiable with %terms/Sign on bonus for larger channels.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
From my experience, sign up bonuses only comp you for some of the revenue you surrender. You have to wonder, with the amount that they result in gaining, are you getting ang value for that money?

To be honest, without knowing your channel, 500K subs doesn't mean anything by itself. How many views are you getting? How many views from subscribersin? Those are more important.

Reactions: Crown and Viewquang

Viewquang

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
From my experience, sign up bonuses only comp you for some of the revenue you surrender. You have to wonder, with the amount that they result in gaining, are you getting ang value for that money?

To be honest, without knowing your channel, 500K subs doesn't mean anything by itself. How many views are you getting? How many views from subscribersin? Those are more important.
[DOUBLEPOST=1501169068,1501168844][/DOUBLEPOST]So that why you need some MCNs to get the Platform for PR or something like that. Viewers need to know who you are, where your channel is and what your content channel about. Just make sure that you have a good choice for your channel to get better.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
From my experience, sign up bonuses only comp you for some of the revenue you surrender.
Yeah, no such thing as a free lunch. They'll give with the left hand and take it back with the right hand over the duration of the contract.

Reactions: markkaz

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Networks aren't going to take the time to promote your channel if it isn't worth their time.

Small channels think that the networks will help give them exposure. The truth is that promotion is the small channel's responsibility, not the networks. The network's only commitment is to 'monetize' your channel. To be honest, most of them just allow Adsense ads to be presented but the network still gets their cut of those as well.

[DOUBLEPOST=1501169068,1501168844][/DOUBLEPOST]So that why you need some MCNs to get the Platform for PR or something like that. Viewers need to know who you are, where your channel is and what your content channel about. Just make sure that you have a good choice for your channel to get better.

Reactions: Crown