• Other, Let me know!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Tristin A. Evans

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey all!

I'm pretty new here, but I wanted some help from some fellow YouTubers/ dwellers of these forums! =D

My YouTube Channel TnVGaming has recently achieved 15,000 subscribers, with an average view count off 200-400K views a month. 2017 has been a great year and my current MCN is BroadbandTV/ TGN. Now I have no complaints about the services and features they provide, but instead over the revenue split. I currently have the standard 60/40 divide between the revenue I generate, and I'm not really satisfied.

While the services they provide are nice, they're far from a necessity, and they're certainly not worth the 40% I'm losing from my ad revenue. SO, that being said, I'm looking for a new network to grow this channel with. If I can continue this momentum I've had so far, YouTube can be a side job/ hobby to bring in some extra money, but I'm not sure where to go.

I've looked at ScreenWave Media, CURSE: Union for Gamers (I've heard a lot of good feedback about them), and Fullscreen. I've tried renegotiating the revenue share, but I'm not satisfied, so I'm just looking for somewhere new to go. Although I've also considered just using AdSense, but I'm not sure.

Any help or input would be much appreciated!

Regards!

- t.

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Although I've also considered just using AdSense, but I'm not sure.
Go with AdSense until you reach at least couple million views per month and then you can negotiate with an MCN if you wish so. This will give you the most flexibility for the future.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Go back to adsense. - You'll earn more.

Tristin A. Evans

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks guys, that's what I was just thinking of doing. That way I don't have to deal with anyone. I appreciate the feedback.[DOUBLEPOST=1500626684,1500582743][/DOUBLEPOST]
Go back to adsense. - You'll earn more.
Go with AdSense until you reach at least couple million views per month and then you can negotiate with an MCN if you wish so. This will give you the most flexibility for the future.

Hey guys, I just got done negotiating with my network over a new contract, and they gave me a new 80/20 Split for the duration of 1 Year. I told myself that if I could get at least 80/20, than I'd consider staying, because like I said, the resources were far from necessity, but to only lose 20% for them I guess isn't too shabby.

Thoughts?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Stick with Adsence mate and keep all YOUR money.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hey guys, I just got done negotiating with my network over a new contract, and they gave me a new 80/20 Split for the duration of 1 Year. I told myself that if I could get at least 80/20, than I'd consider staying, because like I said, the resources were far from necessity, but to only lose 20% for them I guess isn't too shabby.

You are free to choose to do what you want. It's your channel. But your reasoning makes no sense at all. You say you're not bothered about the resources and I'd agree with that. So that means it's down to the money:

Adsense is offering you 100% and the MCN is offering you 80%. It's a no-brainer. Why the rush to sign up immediately for a network after your current contract runs out? You'll be locked into another long contract with no idea if adsense would have been better.

Test drive adsense for a few months and then make a decision IMHO.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I'm also with Broadband TV and get a similar amount of monthly views as your channel. I like the convenience of BBTV putting money into my paypal account, but I just can't justify giving them any of my revenue at all. I've tried to figure out what they are giving me in return but just can't find anything...they really are a waste of money. I'm going to use adsense as soon as I can terminate my contract with Broadband.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm also with Broadband TV and get a similar amount of monthly views as your channel. I like the convenience of BBTV putting money into my paypal account, but I just can't justify giving them any of my revenue at all. I've tried to figure out what they are giving me in return but just can't find anything...they really are a waste of money. I'm going to use adsense as soon as I can terminate my contract with Broadband.
Thank you for sharing this. I know your posts here and you’ve always had great advice and are successful on YouTube, so I appreciate your comments here about Broadband TV. I’m getting hounded by them currently, and with of little searching, of course YTTalk Forums comes to the rescue.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale