Youtube Live Streaming?

JamesGAMES YT

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I was thinking about to doing live streaming for video game playthroughs. I just have a few questions though.

1. Do you think a Mid-2014 MacBook Pro with these specs could handle live streaming? (Sorry I'm not an expert)

Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core I5 Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

2. Do you think Twitch is better for live streaming video games? (I like the ability to stream and archive in the same place though)

3. Do you think live streaming can distract you from enjoying a game?

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think that live streaming can actually improve your gaming experience, I personally like talking with people and having fun while playing games, but if your into a really immersive experience, then it might not be for you. And for streaming, I would say that it definitely depends on what games you're playing, I would recommend starting out at streaming 720p 60fps, but in a private streaming, and see how the game performs, and then when the live stream has rendered into a video after you stop streaming to yourself, then check to see if the video looks good.

Reactions: JamesGAMES YT

Jkcu

Reaction score
This post was around 22 days old Im sorry for coming late lol. Im sorry but Im not an expert about specs either, but I can tell you about livestreaming. I started streaming on october and let me tell you, its hella fun. Starting livestreaming is honestly really difficult, because you need a fan base first or you need to be very patient. Youtube is honestly much easier than twitch in my opinion, even though twitch is the future for live streaming, youtube is actually a really good place to start because in twitch, if you have 0 viewers, you will be placed on the bottom of the list, so chances of somebody coming by is really low. If you need any help or questions about livestreaming, do please contact me, my channel is JK CU, not asking to subscribe of course Im just saying you can come to me if you ever need help :)

Reactions: JamesGAMES YT

JamesGAMES YT

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This post was around 22 days old Im sorry for coming late lol. Im sorry but Im not an expert about specs either, but I can tell you about livestreaming. I started streaming on october and let me tell you, its hella fun. Starting livestreaming is honestly really difficult, because you need a fan base first or you need to be very patient. Youtube is honestly much easier than twitch in my opinion, even though twitch is the future for live streaming, youtube is actually a really good place to start because in twitch, if you have 0 viewers, you will be placed on the bottom of the list, so chances of somebody coming by is really low. If you need any help or questions about livestreaming, do please contact me, my channel is JK CU, not asking to subscribe of course Im just saying you can come to me if you ever need help :)
Thank you for your words. I actually tested out live streaming, but it was a disaster. I plan to start live streaming eventually when I have a more powerful computer and internet. For now, I'm uploading my playthroughs to YouTube